Update on avincar acura speaker kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:17 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Update on avincar acura speaker kits

Due to the number of messages I get with questions about our TSX and CL-S speaker kits, let me update everybody on their status:

1) we do have all the speakers in stock at present. We are making the rings for the door speakers per order. We ran out off Honda/Acura speaker plugs and those are coming.

2) I don't recommend using the 6x9s as subs with an aftermarket amp. They can handle the electrical power but don't handle low bass as well with bigger amps.

3) I wouldn't upgrade just the tweeters and subs. Get the whole kit. The drivers are all matched.

4) The 6x9s no longer require any mods to the TSX tweeter grille - their plastic ring is now removable.

5) I don't recommend using the mids and tweet components with the low-power crossover that comes with the kit - a higher-power crossover network should be used that costs like $35 more but gives more tweeter power handling and eliminates midrange "hash".

We probably won't be shipping any more kits until the New Year... we are swamped with the move at present.

For those who haven't heard, these kits are 6-driver, three-way kits for the CL-S and TSX that run off of the OEM amp. Silk tweeter, poly mid/woofer with rubber surrounds. The mids and tweets are European, and the 6x9s are made in the US. They've been tested in the cars they are going into, there are reviews on the site, and they are totally plug and play. For any questions, please email me at acurazine at avincar dot com , thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:04 AM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the update!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Good news..!!

May have to buy myself a christmas present..
Old 12-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the update, I'll call you in the New Year for a set.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
5) I don't recommend using the mids and tweet components with the low-power crossover that comes with the kit - a higher-power crossover network should be used that costs like $35 more but gives more tweeter power handling and eliminates midrange "hash".
So you have to buy an extra component for it sound right? or is it plug & play?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:41 AM
Burning Brakes

In using a higher-order crossover, would you run both the mids and tweets off of the same channel? (I don't suppose anyone makes an adapter harness, to help with all of the rewiring one might want to do with the stock amp...)
Old 12-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Eldude, can you give us a little more info on the "higher-power crossover network" you mentioned in item 5 of your post? Does it just replace the crossover cap? Is additional rewiring required? What does it do? etc.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Instructor

What about the TL? Has anyone tried to fit the CL mirror sails into a TL?
Old 01-06-2006, 11:20 AM
El Presidente

last i know, they were workin' on it
Old 01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Racer

So from the other post TSX kits $425 + $35 crossover upgrade is $460 set. Plus shipping?

So are the plugs in and rings ready to be shipped? Im ready to order immediately.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When are these kits available again??
Old 02-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by elduderino
Due to the number of messages I get with questions about our TSX and CL-S speaker kits, let me update everybody on their status:

1) we do have all the speakers in stock at present. We are making the rings for the door speakers per order. We ran out off Honda/Acura speaker plugs and those are coming.

2) I don't recommend using the 6x9s as subs with an aftermarket amp. They can handle the electrical power but don't handle low bass as well with bigger amps.

3) I wouldn't upgrade just the tweeters and subs. Get the whole kit. The drivers are all matched.

4) The 6x9s no longer require any mods to the TSX tweeter grille - their plastic ring is now removable.

We probably won't be shipping any more kits until the New Year... we are swamped with the move at present.

For those who haven't heard, these kits are 6-driver, three-way kits for the CL-S and TSX that run off of the OEM amp. Silk tweeter, poly mid/woofer with rubber surrounds. The mids and tweets are European, and the 6x9s are made in the US. They've been tested in the cars they are going into, there are reviews on the site, and they are totally plug and play. For any questions, please email me at acurazine at avincar dot com , thanks.
I want to upgrade the factory stereo but I don't want to add an amp. I am so used t o the bose in my Audi A4, and the volume on the tsx just doesn't compare. The tsx sounds great when your parked, but once you get over 40 you can hardly hear it and have to get the volume above 20 and up to 35 to jam out. The problem is it starts to distort and sound like shit. if I replace the speakers and nothing else, no crossovers even, will it sound better and will it be louder at 30-40 volume range? Also what about running a powered sub off the 6x9's using speaker level inputs? Can you run both the sub and retain the 6x9's? The sub I had in qustion is something like an Infinity basslink or a Bazooka tube. Sorry for the novice questions but after searching I could not get any direct answers on sound volume with new speakers or anything in regaurds to a powered sub. Plus you seem to be the expert on the TSX audio. Your previous threads made my P.I.E. X3 install a snap.