AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/)
-   -   CL: under construction (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/under-construction-726682/)

richardparker 05-15-2009 03:17 PM

under construction

I've found a new home for my 4 12's while still keeping the 18"btl in the trunk. I want some opinons about my choice of placement before doing any glass work or finishing.Working on the side pannels now.http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...090_medium.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...091_medium.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...087_medium.jpg

'03TL-S 05-15-2009 03:59 PM

Damn that's a lot of subs you got going on man. I'm sure it'll bump like no other. Interesting choice to mount the subs to the side panels though.

on1wheel01 05-15-2009 06:47 PM

just a lil bit of fyi usually it's best not to mix sub sizes. Build a proper box for the 18" and beat like crazy the 12's are kinda on the trash line of subs (no offense). But hey it's ur ride if ur happy then go for it

Rajca 05-15-2009 08:20 PM

please post a vid of this in action

richardparker 05-15-2009 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rajca (Post 10904279)
please post a vid of this in action

As soon as Its fully running I will post one.I made a video with one of the side pannel 12's when I installed them but youtube took the sound because I used a fifty cent song.

Jonesi 05-15-2009 10:39 PM

Ridiculously insane and crazy... :shakehead

I like everything about it.. Very creative. Keep us updated..

MrFluffy 05-16-2009 12:02 AM

You crazy Bastard

Lmao

Keep us posted

richardparker 05-21-2009 05:48 PM

So I fully wired the subs today only with the 1 1600w amp that I have "for now".the amp is wired @.6ohm.It pounds hard.Ive gotten back some of the body flex that I lost when I installed the edead.Also got more front and rear window flex.Just from 2 songs today the piece that sticks on the windsheild beheind the mirrior almost came all the way off.Cant wait for another amp. I've striped the back seat to the frame.cut the frame to fit around the center box to fit perfect.put foam back on so I cant see where to cut.Then I'm gonna try to use the leather and rewrap if it dont look stupid.If it does,Then I might trying fiberglassing right on the foam so I have a well contoured base to start with.I just dont know if the glass will stick.Any one know if fiberglass will stick to the foam? I'll put a video up tommorow.My batterys are charging.

mattastick 05-21-2009 06:02 PM

I really hope you have enough electrical to power the amps that you need to properly power all these subs... You should probably be running the 1600 to just the 12's, then get something around 3kw for the 18... For that much current draw, you're going to need at least 1 alt (probably in the 250A range) or 2 alts in the 200A range. Then you're going to need a bank of batteries, probably 2-3 group 31's in the trunk along with the stocker (or aftermarket equivalent) in the front. You're also looking at ~2-3 runs of 1/0 power and ground each. I really hope you get the right amps/electrical to properly power all these subs...

richardparker 05-21-2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10925113)
I really hope you have enough electrical to power the amps that you need to properly power all these subs... You should probably be running the 1600 to just the 12's, then get something around 3kw for the 18... For that much current draw, you're going to need at least 1 alt (probably in the 250A range) or 2 alts in the 200A range. Then you're going to need a bank of batteries, probably 2-3 group 31's in the trunk along with the stocker (or aftermarket equivalent) in the front. You're also looking at ~2-3 runs of 1/0 power and ground each. I really hope you get the right amps/electrical to properly power all these subs...

I hope everything comes together also.I just did try to take a vid but Its not that great because I was making the vid while paying attension to my 23 month old son.And he runs pretty fast.But just so know one thinks I'm bullshitting, I took a crappy one.Tommorow Ill make a good one.I'll upload this one in a few.

richardparker 05-21-2009 07:08 PM

Here's my crappy video.And my car has basically been a work shop for the last 2 weeks so it looks like crap to.But I will put a better video tommorow.But this set up rattles everything.You really cant tell from the video besides the grill rattling.In person it sounds like it's gonna break off.I will get some window flexing next video.I should have another amp by next weekend.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEy7liuUjuc

mattastick 05-21-2009 07:20 PM

meh... Not that impressive for the amount of cone area you have... I have about the same amount of air movement from a single 12... And I still need more power for my sub...

richardparker 05-21-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10925391)
meh... Not that impressive for the amount of cone area you have... I have about the same amount of air movement from a single 12... And I still need more power for my sub...

Yea I agree,But I bet It will be very impressive,with a second amp.You got to remember that one amp is trying to power 5 subs.And one is a 18 That is probally getting less than half of its rms watts.Even as it sits it hits hard.

MrFluffy 05-21-2009 07:33 PM

More power !!!

I cant really see much because my internet is slow but when you get your other amps I want to see close ups of the back glass

Sounds good though

madaccord 05-21-2009 08:39 PM

wow imo its over kill but w/e you like

Rajca 05-21-2009 08:42 PM

to be honest with u, sounds like shit. get all the rattles fixed. its not gonna be easy or cheap, and i know u wont get all of them, but u can get the ones that rattle the most.

MrFluffy 05-21-2009 08:48 PM

Me personally I dont care about the rattle as long as i cant hear it inside the car

mattastick 05-21-2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by richardparker (Post 10925435)
Yea I agree,But I bet It will be very impressive,with a second amp.You got to remember that one amp is trying to power 5 subs.And one is a 18 That is probally getting less than half of its rms watts.Even as it sits it hits hard.

Yeah... And for that reason, I wouldn't even put it together... I don't do something unless I'm going to do it right... :2cents:

richardparker 05-21-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rajca (Post 10925690)
to be honest with u, sounds like shit. get all the rattles fixed. its not gonna be easy or cheap, and i know u wont get all of them, but u can get the ones that rattle the most.

when my subs stayed in the trunk I really didnt have to many rattles since the 12's inside the car its made a couple.but I got 200+sq ft of edead vs1se2.and probally 8-10 cans of foam to seal everything.aleast 2 layers whole car,skinned inner frontdoors,skinned inner rear quarters from front to trunk.Foam inside where the rear trunk latch is.andprobally 3-4pounds of edead on and inbetween plate and frame"What else should I do?"Maybe I could run one 10 with 500watts.nah I dont think so.Inside the car sounds so good. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3152723 check page 2 for some of my deadening

richardparker 05-21-2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10925786)
Yeah... And for that reason, I wouldn't even put it together... I don't do something unless I'm going to do it right... :2cents:

I like this comment.I don't do something unless I'm going to do it right... :2cents:.Well I know thats not true,because you started your build with a 1st gen.

mattastick 05-21-2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by richardparker (Post 10925861)
I like this comment.I don't do something unless I'm going to do it right... :2cents:.Well I know thats not true,because you started your build with a 1st gen.

Do you really want to get into this? I can point out many mistakes in your install... If you want, I'll start a list... If not, drop it...

richardparker 05-21-2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10925870)
Do you really want to get into this? I can point out many mistakes in your install... If you want, I'll start a list... If not, drop it...

It really dont matter if you want to get into anything.But I'm not trying to have a piss'n match.I've looked to you for advise before.So you seem alright.But if its a piss'n match you want, then direct my to where I can take a look at your cl.I'm curious what you got going on.......

mattastick 05-21-2009 09:50 PM

My build log: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ead.php?t=5536

There's a small one on here, but neither are completely up to date... I'm working on changing things up right now. Should be an interesting new build...

88ChevyBlazer 05-21-2009 10:06 PM

My doors have more bass than your 5 subs....

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t=MVI_0768.flv

richardparker 05-21-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10925959)
My build log: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ead.php?t=5536

There's a small one on here, but neither are completely up to date... I'm working on changing things up right now. Should be an interesting new build...

I dont have ANYTHING good to say about that.But, are rides are definitly not on the same level,thats for sure.Still think your alright man.but theres no need for you to try chopping on somebody ,when all your weilding is a butterknife.

mattastick 05-21-2009 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by richardparker (Post 10926015)
I dont have ANYTHING good to say about that.But, are rides are definitly not on the same level,thats for sure.Still think your alright man.but theres no need for you to try chopping on somebody ,when all your weilding is a butterknife.

Let's leave it at this: to each his own...

richardparker 05-21-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10926037)
Let's leave it at this: to each his own...

That's cool with me.Now back to some serious questions .Do you know if fiberglass will stick to my seat foam?

mattastick 05-21-2009 10:24 PM

Like the supportive foam? The stuff that makes your seats soft? If that's what you mean, I doubt it, but I dunno... One way to find out...

I know fiberglass sticks to stuff like the blue painters tape, or aluminum foil, so I would think that it could/would stick to the foam. The one problem I see with it is that it's very porous and that might cause the foam to absorb the resin, and it not go into hardening the glass. I really have no idea, just throwing out there what I do, and a possible problem I see. Best way to find out it to find a small area that isn't always visible or can be covered up and try it out...

on1wheel01 05-21-2009 10:57 PM

Wow really ur gonna go there?? I've got a 1st gen cl why cuz it was free, also have a 08 chrysler 300. But do I go raggin others cars no. This is no place for that high school shit man I thought everyone here was above that. I must say I am pretty dissapointed

richardparker 05-21-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by on1wheel01 (Post 10926169)
Wow really ur gonna go there?? I've got a 1st gen cl why cuz it was free, also have a 08 chrysler 300. But do I go raggin others cars no. This is no place for that high school shit man I thought everyone here was above that. I must say I am pretty dissapointed

1wheel are coversation was handled already.Bet that 08 300 got a pretty good payment....I've been thinking of upgrading.looking into 05-06 rl's,myself.but I owe just under 3000 left.Once paid off I'll be lookingto sell.till then Iwill be upgrading everyday.

on1wheel01 05-21-2009 11:55 PM

eh its not bad really put about 10 down my boy has a 05 rl paid 6k for it but salvage title you'd never know it the shit is bad ass

richardparker 05-27-2009 09:50 PM

Just took another clip of some roof flex.This setup is loud.I just ordered another 1600w BXI 1608 tonight,thats gonna be crazy. Also went to a uplosterer today that said he'll only charge 200 to rewrap my rear back seat cushion to wrap around the box so that I can slide the box in or out to where I want it to mount. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2HeBx0f7vE

MrFluffy 05-27-2009 10:48 PM

Richard I believe It will stick to foam

That blazer guy always has a comment

Nice sound system BTW richard, I like it I want to see whats next with the upolstry and what not

Matt I like your setup very functional sounds pretty good to althought its hard to tell sound quality over the net ( easy to hear loudness)

were talking about our cars I got
05 magnum rt
03 rav 4
88 300zx
80 indy pace car trans (fully restored by me)
01 cls

'03TL-S 05-28-2009 12:11 PM

With all that done, i still can't believe you haven't upgraded your HU yet.

SG81 05-28-2009 12:27 PM

dude, didn't you learn anything after all the 2gen CL guys gave you shit for putting down everyone else's ride. you out of all people shouldn't be bashing other people's stuff. after all, you are the one with the worst wing ever put on ANY CL and pink flakes in your paint :ghey:

grow up if you want people to help you around here.

SG81 05-28-2009 12:27 PM

and i agree w/ '03TL-S, upgrade your HU. that should've been the first thing you did. plus, you better have some high end components in there or you won't be hearing shit

mattastick 05-28-2009 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by '03TL-S (Post 10946547)
With all that done, i still can't believe you haven't upgraded your HU yet.

x2... But like I've said before, it's your build, your call...

MrFluffy 05-28-2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by mattastick (Post 10946711)
x2... But like I've said before, it's your build, your call...

I thank you will agree with me there are two kinds of builds there is sound quality and there is just plain loud now to each there own but me personally I think im going def

Btw I love your setup looks really good Trunk could look a little nicer but under the hood and the wiring looks really good to bad we cant really hear the SQ (and im being serious)

mattastick 05-28-2009 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MrFluffy (Post 10946851)
I thank you will agree with me there are two kinds of builds there is sound quality and there is just plain loud now to each there own but me personally I think im going def

Btw I love your setup looks really good Trunk could look a little nicer but under the hood and the wiring looks really good to bad we cant really hear the SQ (and im being serious)

Thank you very much. I know the trunk could've been cleaner, and it is right now, but it worked at the time. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to see my trunk right now, everything's gone. I have 4 speakers in my car working right now, 2 6.5's and 2 tweets. I'm in the process of switching sub setups, so I'm only running "highs" right now. Given, my highs go down to about 50hz, but still.

Where you at? If you're anywhere near Southwest Ohio, hit me up. We can meet up and you can hear it. Now or when I finish the new build...

Jonesi 05-28-2009 02:02 PM

One warning to everyone.. Take it down a notch..