tsx video switcher static

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsx video switcher static

ok im sure this has been asked before and if there was a search function on this forum i probably wouldnt have to ask this but, i bought the video switcher from avelectronics had it installed professionally along with alot of other stereo equipment and im using the switcher to show my xbox on my nav screen. My problem is that im not getting a clear picture, small static lines go from the top to bottom of my screen. its not making it unuseable but its very annoying.Sometimes its worse than other times. I was wondering if this was normal with this brand of video switcher or if maybe im getting interference from my stereo equip or maybe i could fix this with some kind of video signal booster or something?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
IT should be addressed , it's njot normal, but should be troubleshot by the installer.

NOTE: IF THIS IS HAPPENING DURING TV RECPECTION, IT'S NORMAL, BECAUSE IT SUCKS.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
honk not beep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the avelectronic device and i had problems when

a) the av electronic device was behind the passenger seat (that's where i installed it)
b) the video ground was bad..

For a, i had installed the avelectronic device right behind the rear passenger seat and it was pressing against a piece of wood i had installed their for my amp. So when you install the avelectronic device, make sure it is free from any pressure

b) make sure you have a really good ground. What I did is take some sandpaper and scratched off a part of the metal chasis to get a good ground. It made quite a difference for my device.