TSX - Has anyone relocated their battery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX - Has anyone relocated their battery?

I'm relocating my battery to the trunk, and I'm trying to figure out where the positive lead goes after it leaves the battery; I'm losing it under the intake manifold. Anyone?

Also, has anyone run a 2-ga. wire through the firewall hole in the centre by the exhaust manifold? Will it fit or am I going to have to drill another hole (and if so, where?)

I mounted the box in the trunk today; I had to drill some J-bolts through the trunk floor and cut up the carpet. I can take some pictures if people would like to see it.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
There is a thread where someone relocated their battery to the center console. This is not a recommendation, you can find it if you search...
Old 05-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by feuss2
There is a thread where someone relocated their battery to the center console. This is not a recommendation, you can find it if you search...
Huh. I have done all sorts of searches on this topic and haven't found anything.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Populuxe
I'm relocating my battery to the trunk, and I'm trying to figure out where the positive lead goes after it leaves the battery; I'm losing it under the intake manifold. Anyone?

Also, has anyone run a 2-ga. wire through the firewall hole in the centre by the exhaust manifold? Will it fit or am I going to have to drill another hole (and if so, where?)

I mounted the box in the trunk today; I had to drill some J-bolts through the trunk floor and cut up the carpet. I can take some pictures if people would like to see it.
it goes to the stock fuse box and then goes to the alternator
why relocate? just add a dry cell battery in the trunk..

as for the 2ga wire, you'd have better luck going through the grommet located near the driver side corner. fish it through from under the cluster dash area - you'll see the grommet. tape the wire to a screwdriver and push the wire through. hold the wire with one hand, and pull the screwdriver out, then just keep fishing more wire through until you can pull it out from the engine bay side. i found this grommet much easier to work with rather htan the center larger hole.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wong05tsx
it goes to the stock fuse box and then goes to the alternator
why relocate? just add a dry cell battery in the trunk..
I'm on a huge quest to even the weight balance of the car as much as possible and to stiffen the chassis without losing any of the TSX's stock appearance. This means all sorts of subframe bracing, CF hood, battery relocation, etc. This means the battery is being relocated to the rear right corner of the car. The box is installed and good to go; I just have to route the wire.

I do have a JL 500/5 in the trunk now as well, but that's a secondary endeavour.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 AM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did relocate my OEM battery to...umm... R&S Strauss. ;-P

Happy Memorial Day, Every One!
And don't forget those that have served.