Tsx In dash player intallation

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tsx In dash player intallation

In reference to this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40225

Someone spoke about a Acura Mp3 attachment kit. Is that what thsi is: Right there in the bottom?

Last edited by TasteOfPower; 10-07-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Advanced

i mean the part here:

Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Advanced

90+ bucks for that huh?

WOW!

maybe i should jsut get this: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...l.do?oid=10371

good idea?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
'05 TSX CG W/NAV

Please Please Please Tell Me Your Joking.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bullyx2
Please Please Please Tell Me Your Joking.
about what?

i dont believe i need that part either now.

but how do you remove the part above the "not a ashtray" compartment? i need to pull it out, but i got no idea how to get that mofo out.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
'05 TSX CG W/NAV

to remve it, put your hands in, push towards the outsides or top to grip as best you can and pull straight towards you. comes out very easy.

that kit from circuit city is made for under dash mounting in cars without a radio at all. just bolts under the dash. usually old cars and trucks like this:

http://www.cybrus.net/LHonke/earlyradio/radio1.jpg

the acura kit is expensive, but if you really want to put somehting in that pocket, it's the way to go. not to be too critical but, a shame to buy such a nice car and cheapen it up with a rigged install. look at jigga'a install with the acura kit. VERY CLEAN.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by TasteOfPower
about what?

i dont believe i need that part either now.

but how do you remove the part above the "not a ashtray" compartment? i need to pull it out, but i got no idea how to get that mofo out.
getting that compartment out is definately the easiest part of the whole process. its everything after that which you may want to consider a professional audio shop for. even though the Mp3 attachment kit makes life much easier for installing an aftermarket Hu it still requires some finesse and tweaking to look just right.

here are some pics of my install (which i did none of the work myself)

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=374103&page=2
Old 10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Intermediate

90+ bucks for that huh?

WOW!
No, it's not a $90 piece of plastic.

Instructions
Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

i mean the part here:

where did u order this part from? i need help....just got a new tsx too!

thanks!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Clueless About Car?!

http://www.acurapartspeople.com/Sear...%2FCD-A+Player rite here its one of em...
the other one is
http://www.acurapartsdepot.com/PD-08...aspx?MakeID=24 this one...there you go buddy....im getting one tommorow so i can put in my alpine- IVA D310...
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jiggaman
getting that compartment out is definately the easiest part of the whole process. its everything after that which you may want to consider a professional audio shop for. even though the Mp3 attachment kit makes life much easier for installing an aftermarket Hu it still requires some finesse and tweaking to look just right.

here are some pics of my install (which i did none of the work myself)

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=374103&page=2
how did you get your ipod underneath the arm rest area? I just bought a aftermarket deck that is ipod ready as well and would like to have the same type of set up that you have with your ipod.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like he removed the stock aux input and ran the wire through it.

another question for jigga, did you have to modify the attachment kit to fit the 9887 unit in there?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM
I spend 2 much time here

mrsota - the shop that did my work ran a ipod wire connection through my center console and put that hole there. i have a 2004 so i dont believe there was a aux input there prior to that.

zidenx - i believe there were some modifications made to the attachment kit to make it work perfectly with the 9887. i didn't do the work though.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM
10th Gear

jiggaman-when you installed your aftermarket stereo, did you install it to still have the factory radio to work as well? i am curious on how it all works because i'm waiting to install my aftermarket stereo as well. i just ordered that mounting kit for my 2004 TSX.

thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I spend 2 much time here

my oem still has power running to it so i can turn it off and on for the simple reason of changing the clock time on the dash. that's the only purpose my stock HU serves. my aftermarket stereo is not connected to it in anyway. i thought i'd miss the 6 disk changer but i really dont.

i also used to be think that it seemed somewhat stupid to have two HUs in my tsx like the way i have it. however now i look at it as a positive thing since i sincerely feel like the stock HU serves as a theft detterent. who the hell would want to buy a stolen factory TSX HU?? i dont think there is really a big market for that!! especially one without navigation! at night with my windows tinted you can't even tell that i have a second deck installed below.

the second benefit of having the HU in the lower compartment is that it is closer to where my right hand usually is which is on the shift knob. i am actually getting so accustomed to this that when i get in another car that has the HU in the normal spot which is on the upper portion of a dash i feel like it is inconvenient to reach over to push the buttons. haha

so for me this alternative is a much better fit then i had originally thought it would be and it took several years of messing around with my stock HU to finally reach this point.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Intermediate

i thought i'd miss the 6 disk changer but i really dont.

i also used to be think that it seemed somewhat stupid to have two HUs in my tsx like the way i have it. however now i look at it as a positive thing since i sincerely feel like the stock HU serves as a theft detterent.

the second benefit of having the HU in the lower compartment is that it is closer to where my right hand .
I feel the same way. It really doesn't look that bad with two HUs. I have an Alpine unit, and the volume knob seems to be in a better spot. And I feel a lot better with the stock unit just sitting there since I park on the damn street.

I wired my setup so that the stock unit feeds into the Alpine deck, but honestly, after a few weeks, I never use it. I didn't want to lose the six disc changer, but being able to play mp3 discs, it's a nonissue for long trips and otherwise no big deal. Plus, the Alpine deck sounds better, although it could be due the additional A/D conversion.

The one functionality of the stock deck I do use, is that I have it wired to act as a master power switch, kill switch if you will. With the Alpine deck, you have to hold down the power button for a second or two to shut it off, not very convenient, plus you kinda have to look down to find the button. I can just slap the button on the dash and it's dead. Useful around cops and in parking lots, bad neighborhoods. Sure, you could always turn the volume down, but sometimes it's better just off.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 AM
10th Gear

my oem still has power running to it so i can turn it off and on for the simple reason of changing the clock time on the dash. that's the only purpose my stock HU serves. my aftermarket stereo is not connected to it in anyway. i thought i'd miss the 6 disk changer but i really dont.

i also used to be think that it seemed somewhat stupid to have two HUs in my tsx like the way i have it. however now i look at it as a positive thing since i sincerely feel like the stock HU serves as a theft detterent. who the hell would want to buy a stolen factory TSX HU?? i dont think there is really a big market for that!! especially one without navigation! at night with my windows tinted you can't even tell that i have a second deck installed below.

the second benefit of having the HU in the lower compartment is that it is closer to where my right hand usually is which is on the shift knob. i am actually getting so accustomed to this that when i get in another car that has the HU in the normal spot which is on the upper portion of a dash i feel like it is inconvenient to reach over to push the buttons. haha

so for me this alternative is a much better fit then i had originally thought it would be and it took several years of messing around with my stock HU to finally reach this point.
thanks. i'm really looking forward to seeing how my set up will be like after i put it all in there.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Originally Posted by Mr. Sota
thanks. i'm really looking forward to seeing how my set up will be like after i put it all in there.
what headunit are you getting?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
10th Gear

i just got the car mounting kit for my TSX today. how come my deck doesn't fit in there? will i have to get it customized for fitting purposes?

i'm bringing my car in to a car audio installation shop in town this week.

i have a Pioneer DEH-p4900ib headunit. will i need to get something else?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
10th Gear

oh, and where did you get that acurazine.com sticker? i want on for my car. =)
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 PM
I spend 2 much time here

yes its going to require modification, this attachment kit is not designed for aftermarket decks. its the best thing we get right now though.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
10th Gear

Cool Thanx