System is screwed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007 | 07:43 PM
I don't sleep...I wait

Exclamation System is screwed!!

Ok, I am horrible w/ stereo/wiring and am looking for a few possibilities of what could possible be wrong with my car...

Facts: It's an '02 TL-S, stock HU, Alpine V12 amp, polk audio 6.5 front door, *i think* bypassed Bose equalizer (polk audio's were installed by the previous owner. These were run by a Hi-Fonics POS amp, which was tapped into the 20 pin (?) adapter that feeds into the rear of the HU. The amp was grounded to the bolt of the passenger seat )

Bought the car in Oct '04, had the Alpine V12 installed a few months back, which is when I finally noticed my front left door speaker was not working. Doesn't seem to be blown, but could be a possibility (took off door panel, visually looks ok). My subs were also kicking in and out as a result of the poor grounding...

Recently installed a BlitzSafe adapter for my iPod - plays audio, while it doesn't charge the unit or turn it off when the ignition is turned off.

Same friend who installed the V12 (10+ years in car audio) ripped out the Hi-Foniks amp and rewired everything back to stock. Everything is grounded Ok now, signal sounds stronger, but the door speaker still does not work, and the iPod still doesn't charge.

Talked to Blitzsafe and they said they've never had a problem w/ a unit not charging, so it must be some wiring.

Just wondering since you are all very familiar with the car's audio setup, if you have any suggesstions or thoughts on what is going on here...I'd really like to get this settled and put my car back together (in pieces)

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!
Old 01-23-2007 | 08:57 PM
Intermediate

why dont you just run new wires to the door speaker?, perhaps its split somewhere.
Old 01-28-2007 | 03:53 AM
Intermediate

test the ohm (resistance) rating on the speaker that's not working.....your buddy should be able to this with a digital voltmeter considering he's been in the "game" for ten + years......not too familiar with blitzsafe products tho, so i can't really help u with that.....dip switches set wrong maybe??? or maybe constant 12 volt power connected where accessory should be instead??? good luck