Sub/Amp Problem: Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006 | 12:00 AM
"You are just a puppet.."

Exclamation Sub/Amp Problem: Need Help

This is my first post since lost summer. Hard to keep up with this suff at school.

On to the problem...

I had 2 12" MB Quart Subs and an MBQuart Amp installed at the end of last summer. Originally they had messed up wiring so that when i turned off the stereo the subs would still have a constant output untill I turned off the car but someone on the forum told me what to tell the installer to fix that.

Last week as I was listening to a CD the front speakers completely went out, along with my subs. This seemed very odd so I turned off the system and when I turned it back on it seemed to have fixed itself.

Ever since that day the amp seems to be very touchy. It used to be that when I turned my car on, regardless of the system being on, my remote for my amp would show that it is powering on and ready. Now sometimes the amp doesnt turn on at all, other times it turns on when I turn on the system, other times it turns on in the middle of a drive while the systems on, and other times it works as soon as I turn the system on. When the subs dont work it reverts to the original 6x9s on the rear deck.

What could be my problem? My guess is a wiring mishap that is covered under the installation warranty. I just dont want the installer to screw me and say they cant fix it when they can just so they dont need to fix it because I didnt buy the components from them.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for any help.
Old 06-02-2006 | 11:02 AM
Just chillen..

About the same thing happened to me. My old Kicker COMP VR was being powered by a power acoustic amp. When I go to high volumes, the amp would shut off, I thought my amop was bad so I exhanged, same problem. I opened my subwoofer box and saw that my sub was going bad. I swapped out the subs and now I have no problem whatsoever. How hard do you oush the subs? Is the power being balanced out? If its a custom install, then I would let a installer check it or even you could check it, but if its a basic setup, open it for your self and see whats up.. I'll see what more I can think of.

P:S Check voltage too on amp and subs
Old 06-03-2006 | 01:51 AM
"You are just a puppet.."

yeah...the thing is they are not even a year old and i was at school for most of that time so it sat around not being played...i also go nowhere NEAR capacity on the subs the gain is at about 1/8th of max and the tsx factory stereo is at center for bass...i went alittle overkill...oops