TL: sportshift gear display on constantly.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:43 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sportshift gear display on constantly.

first off. im new. feel free to direct me to an existing thread but i spent a long time searching and couldnt find anything on this. the sportshift display that tells you what gear your in. could i somehow wire that to be on even when im in auto? i like to know what gear im in but im a mechanical guy. electrics i go to the pros(you guys) for. idk if the panel is controlled by the ecu which i figure would be tamper proof with out some crazy stuff i couldnt do anyway. or does it just pull info from the gearbox and display it only when in sport. i feel like that would give the option to short the switch. does it display the gear your in? or does it display the gear you WANT? such as as soon as i upshift it it says 3...even when im still in two so it just means im heading towards three. any info would be great. thanks in advance. if this is impossible and you KNOW THAT, not you think its too hard, dont be afraid to just tell me im an overzealous fool and ill find something else to play with on my tl