Speaker Guide...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 02:19 AM
WDP- lovin' every minute!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Speaker Guide...

ok fellas im relatively new to this forum and just wanted you guys to shed a lil light on the subject at hand. i have a 96' 2.5 but i wanted to upgrade the stock system... i have the 3 12'' subs for the punch (2000 watt amp pushing those 3) 840 watt amp for the speakers...and am planning on buying the Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP as my brain. as far as 6x9's go ive settled on the 3-way infinity kappas as ive read alot of positive feedback on these speakers. Now my issue is this i want of set of component 6.5 for the front. Ive read through the forum and looked at some past posts.... MB Quart, Polks, Boston Acoustics seem to be good for the price range and from what ive read if u want top notch sound u go with either DIAMOND, FOCAL, or CDT components (spare no expense ) I had my mind set on the Infinity Perfect 6.5'' component series but from some of the posts i viewed i got the understanding that while they perform well at mid-level volumes they can't keep up when u pump up the volume. I know this is related to what type of music i hear which is strictly rap, hip-hop or R&B, so i do want some pop but i dont want it to completely overpower the highs. Thus i want a good set of speakers to complement the subs. as far as price range goes i will not go over $300 for one set of speakers. sorry if this post is redundant. Any feedback on the issue is appreciated
Old 12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cali,

I have and had both of the speaker sets you are talking about.

I currently have, uninstalled and about to sell, the Infinity Kappa 60.5 component set up front and the 3 way 6 x9 Infinity Kappa's for the back. I had these in my Honda Accord for about a year and they are pretty damn good speakers. I know they can handle a lot of power, a friend has these speakers also running 125 x 4 to both sets, and that's why i got them. I didn't push them hard but his car sounded real good.

I am actually selling these speakers if you are interested. Used for about a year. They are going on ebay tomorrow. They are all in very good condition no marks or damage at all, I just do not have the boxes I don't think but I can check.

PM me and Let me know if you are intersted.

Ryan

Also if you need more info about the speakers I can fill ya in also. and yes if you spare no expense Focal, DLS, Diamond are the way to go.. Rainbow's well they are in a WHOLE NOTHER category ABOVE these three.