Recommendations/experience for amp for TSX 6x9's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Recommendations/experience for amp for TSX 6x9's?

I replaced all the speakers in my TSX with DLS components in front and CDT 6x9 in the rear. Originally I was going to get an amp to power all of them, but I think I'm going to go the lazy route and just get an amp for the rear deck. It sounds ok with the factory amp, but obviously you can tell it's a bit underpowered...

I'm looking for an amp that can be used to power just the CDT 6x9's in the back, any recommendations? I guess I would need one that can take amped signals coming from the stock amp, so that I don't have to run wires all over the place. I'm not looking to spend a lot either, maybe ~$200-ish?

Also, would I have any problems with the auto turn on/off features on the amp since the rear deck only gets low level signals which might not be enough to trigger the amp?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have a good recommendation for the little amp (come on, just remove those and get a real sub already), but I did have problems when I tried to use the signal sensing feature on my JL amp with the signal of the rear 6x9s. When the volume was quiet or there wasn't much bass in the music, it wouldn't even come on. Then all of a sudden, POP and it was on. When you turn the car off, it stayed on for 5+ minutes too, I didn't like that. So I stopped taking the lazy route and ran its own dedicated switched +12v. I suggest you do the same.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reach
I don't have a good recommendation for the little amp (come on, just remove those and get a real sub already), but I did have problems when I tried to use the signal sensing feature on my JL amp with the signal of the rear 6x9s. When the volume was quiet or there wasn't much bass in the music, it wouldn't even come on. Then all of a sudden, POP and it was on. When you turn the car off, it stayed on for 5+ minutes too, I didn't like that. So I stopped taking the lazy route and ran its own dedicated switched +12v. I suggest you do the same.

Thanks for the info... I suppose it isn't all that hard to run the dedicated switched +12v....