Really Need Help... Confused Alot

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005 | 02:42 PM
Just chillen..

Really Need Help... Confused Alot

What up?!

Earlier I had made a thread with the system I was about to install in my 99 TL. Now, I was on JL Audio and I saw the Cleansweep!, Its a impressive peice of equipment and yes I have done my research but cant find my exact answers I'm looking for. Equipment: (2) JL w7's , (2) 500/1 Amps. Questions are as follows:

1.) I want to keep my stock setup, Bestbuy sells this cheap thing ( Forgot the name ), that taps into the rear speakers/sub which from there acts like RCA cables which gets connected into the AMP. Its not the best thing, but the sound quaility I heard is very bad, more bass less treble, Is it true?

2.) The JL Cleansweep, can I use that with the stock system, and hook up the JL with it? Like Im sort of confused what the cleansweep acutally does. Like I know it boosts the sound quaility using stock headunit, but lose master volume control, disables the subwoofer....

3.) If I do change the headunit sometime, but I want the JL to go in first, what would be my best setup?

I need bass and the stoc 9" helps but cant compare to my old system. The reason why I dont want to replace the headunit is only one reason, its a pain to get the headunit. I saw pictures on how to replace it and I was like whoa! I wouldve dropped in a Alpine headunit, but with Bose, you have to replace everything.
Old 12-10-2005 | 03:18 PM
VP Electricity

Only use the CleanSweep with a full range system.

And you don't need one with your car. Speaker level LOC only.
Old 12-10-2005 | 11:19 PM
Audio/Video/Alarm Expert

you can use the cleansweep if you want, it will boost your levels instead of a LOC converter that will give you a weak signal. A cleansweap from JL will boost the preout level as well as you can adjust the gains, it will give cleaner signal. Especially if you intend on amplifying your system . ie. 4 Channel amp and Sub out.