Rate stock tl audio sys

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 02:14 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for concurring Streeteffectz... I'm sure you have had the opportunity to sample many a stock system.

But as you say, I've heard many better stock systems in cars of lesser class. A so called entry level LUXURY car shouldn't require a MANDATORY UPGRADE in order to simply be satisfied. While we may be used to HIGH END systems, I do not feel that I am being biased by rating this system very marginal. I knew I could NOT live with it when I test drove the car and almost didn't buy the TLS because of it.

As dnd says, the 6 speaker component stock system on the 92-96 Camry is far superior. It is CRISP instead of mushy and blaring. Snare drums have great "snap" in that car. The TLS has more (not necessarily better) bass. If my Camry had a sub, there would be no contest at all.

I find myself in dilemmas because of the two sound systems.... While the TLS blows the Camry away in driving enjoyment... the sound system blose! I switch back and forth with my wife and let her drive the TLS to work for a week whenever I get a new CD that I'm hooked on and need to hear nice and loud over and over. What a shame for a $30K plus car...

I guess I need to join the rest of the group who have upgraded the entire system... but so far I've just upgraded the stock speakers. That has helped, but still isn't good enough, I'm really sorry to say.

For those who are content with the stock system, that is GREAT! I wish I were among you, because I really dislike the thought of the hassle involved with the complete upgrade process. Other than that, I LOVE MY TLS!

Honestly, I'm really not expecting that much. I realize that I shouldn't expect, nor do I want a competition grade sound system. But how about some clarity with full range response and good volume before going into compression??? Has anyone who rates the system above a 5 (which to me means that half of the systems out there are better and half are worse) actually taken a look at the pathetic stock speakers? One look is all it takes to say CHEAP!

SB