TSX: Radio Locked

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 11:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Radio Locked

Hi,
Acura TSX 2011 base model. I unplugged my battery for EPS replacement and now my radio is locked, needless to say I don't have the Radio Pin Code. I have tried the Power+1+6 combination to get the 8-digit serial # but the only codes I get is BCB2900 and apparently this is not the correct # that the dealer needs to give me my Pin Code to unlock the Radio. Dealer is asking to $250 to "bring in" the car to the shop and "look at it". Any help would be appreciated that could save me some $$$.

Cheers!
Old 03-06-2017, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rangerguy2000
Hi,
Acura TSX 2011 base model. I unplugged my battery for EPS replacement and now my radio is locked, needless to say I don't have the Radio Pin Code. I have tried the Power+1+6 combination to get the 8-digit serial # but the only codes I get is BCB2900 and apparently this is not the correct # that the dealer needs to give me my Pin Code to unlock the Radio. Dealer is asking to $250 to "bring in" the car to the shop and "look at it". Any help would be appreciated that could save me some $$$.

Cheers!

Have you checked on the inside of your glove box? it should be around there. Open your glove box and look around on the outside of it, and inside
Old 03-06-2017, 09:58 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DylanJohnson1995
Have you checked on the inside of your glove box? it should be around there. Open your glove box and look around on the outside of it, and inside
Yes I have checked all the manual books, glove box, spare wheel, fuse box, center glove box, under the hood, under the truck. Someone told me Acura/Honda also hides the # behind the radio and I have to take the radio out and get it.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
No that's not true. At least I hope not. They put the code in so that if someone steals your stereo, they can't use it. It would make no sense to put it on the back, lol.

The dealership should be able to give you the code, simply based on your VIN number. If you give them that and proof of ownership of the car (ie: registration, or something), they should give it to you.
The following users liked this post:
Rangerguy2000 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
No that's not true. At least I hope not. They put the code in so that if someone steals your stereo, they can't use it. It would make no sense to put it on the back, lol.

The dealership should be able to give you the code, simply based on your VIN number. If you give them that and proof of ownership of the car (ie: registration, or something), they should give it to you.
Yeah what he said... I would drive down and put it on them but have you drivers license and registration ready of course.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:24 PM
10th Gear

I did goto the dealership and the parts guy told me "they will have to bring in the car and look at it". funny the guy who looked at it 1st said the price would be $125 if they have to hook up the computer then the parts guy said $225. They are just trying to rip off and make money from someone who's stuck. Dealership is Policaro Acura in Brampton.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
N0t cool. It's your code for your car. You should call another dealer and ask what the procedure is for this. I can call my local dealer here just to inquire?
Old 03-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
You need the serial number of the device.

Go here: https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

enter VIN and serial and you should get your code.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 478 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-...9-tech-871323/
Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
You need the serial number of the device.

Go here: https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

enter VIN and serial and you should get your code.
Please read my original post. I did mention that I am unable to get the Serial # by Power+1+6 option. Only # I get is BCB29000 and that isn't the serial #.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:58 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Bchester6
N0t cool. It's your code for your car. You should call another dealer and ask what the procedure is for this. I can call my local dealer here just to inquire?
Sure, that will be much appreciated. Please let me know.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Did you look at the site though?

All Other Models
  1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits
Old 03-07-2017, 12:40 PM
10th Gear

@thoiboi .. I had the battery unplugged for over 1/2 hour, just plugged it back and the stereo display said "Enter Code" not "Code", don't know if that makes a difference or not. and when I press 1+6 then Power the # that comes up is BCB29000. I tried another combination as follows: Power+1+6 then 1+6 and it takes me into the Diagnostic Mode, then press "Scan" either Left or Right and the system takes you through a bunch of information that includes the VIN # etc but the #'s following U and L don't pop up.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Try this then:

Originally Posted by CarNerd
Today was a huge waste of time. I searched this website, youtube, called 4 dealerships from which I spoke with service 7 different service techs, and I even have a case number with Acura USA (or whatever they are called). All of this, because the information just doesn't exist for 2nd gen TSX serial number information to reset the radio/ navigation code.

In the case of the 2013 Sport Wagon with tech (my car) all of the aforementioned sites, service people, youtube, etc.. have plenty of information for trying to track down a sticker or a card you hopefully kept when you purchased your vehicle. In my case, my sticker was stuck in the inside of my manual which has fallen into a black hole along with the card I was given when I bought my car.

In this situation the next step is to obtain the serial # electronically through the radio display. I was instructed several times by everyone I talked to and everything I read to hit the 1, 6 and power button to get this number. Unfortunately with my car I received S/N and 6 numbers. Unfortunately the Serial number needed at https://radio-navicode.acura.com to obtain your unlock code is 8 numerical digits.

Fortunately, I've sorted this out. What you need to do is start your car, it will prompt you for the code. Hold down the CANCEL, MAP GUIDE, and MENU buttons until it beeps and you reach the diagnosis display on your navi screen. Scroll down to Detail Information & Settings, then hit ENTER. Now scroll on over to Unit Check and hit ENTER. Once here scroll down to ECU Info and again, hit enter, then wait. After a few moments take note of the Serial No. In my case the first three letters were irrelevant, but the following 8 numbers were what I needed to enter on https://radio-navicode.acura.com under get codes and serial #.

After doing this I finally received my radio code from https://radio-navicode.acura.com. I received two different codes, but the first 5 digit code was the one that unlocked both my Nav and Radio. I'm not sure if this is exclusive to the later year 2nd gen TSX's, but I repeat, one code unlocked both. I hope this saves someone 7 hours (which is how long it took me to figure this out).
​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Rangerguy2000 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 12:45 PM
10th Gear

Did you look at the site though?

All Other Models
@thoiboi .. I had the battery unplugged for over 1/2 hour, just plugged it back and the stereo display said "Enter Code" not "Code", don't know if that makes a difference or not. and when I press 1+6 then Power the # that comes up is BCB29000. I tried another combination as follows: Power+1+6 then 1+6 and it takes me into the Diagnostic Mode, then press "Scan" either Left or Right and the system takes you through a bunch of information that includes the VIN # etc but the #'s following U and L don't pop up.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:47 PM
10th Gear

Try this then:

OK going to try this. Will update in 10 mins. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:00 PM
10th Gear

Try this then:

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. It Worked.

So for my Acura TSX 2011 to get the Radio Serial # this is how it worked.

Turn Ignition on, Turn Radio On, Press Menu+Map+Cancel, Goto Detailed Information Settings, Goto Unit Check, Goto ECU Info.
Write down the Serial #, Ignore the 1st 3 alphabets and last 1 alphabet. In my case the complete # was BCB29000050A, so my serial # was 29000050.
The either goto radio-navicode.acura.com and follow instructions to get the code. But in my case the website didn't recognize my VIN #, maybe that's only for US cars, I am in Canada. So I called the local dealer, gaev the guy the 8-digit serial number (without the alphabets) and bingo I got the PIN CODE.

Thanks a lot everyone.