radio and changer install questions/advice needed! HElp PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 07:19 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
radio and changer install questions/advice needed! HElp PLEASE!

OKAY guys, I'm a newbie and I need advice,
I want to get this changer and this radio the people at crutchfield say that "they don't have enough info on the acura tl to guarantee that it will fit" but they say that it will fit in a cl. I went to circuit city and they said it will fit I just have to get a double din to hold the radio and to fill up the extra space, I asked if I could control the radio from the steering wheel and he said no they don't make an adapter for it. I called another circuit city and asked the guy if I could still control the radio from the steering wheel and he says yes I had to order the adaptor. I'm totally confused now. SO my main questions are:

1. Will this fit in my 99 TL?
2. Can I control the changer from the steering wheel? If so what do I need to get to do so? If not, what are my other options.
3. If I order the radio from crutchfield how much of a difference will it make if they send me the radio adaptor for the cl, are they the same adaptors, and they just haven't researched it?

Please HELP ME!
Old 07-16-2002, 09:46 AM
Drifting

is it just me, but do those links never open???

what year or generation CL were they referring to? the 1st gens were like the 5th gen accords and no where similar to the 2nd gens CL/TL so the mounting kit might not work/be needed.

the steering wheel controls can be restored as long as the new headunit is infrared capabilities...i believe PAC and lightning audio make this device.

the headunit is probably a din unit so it will fit as long as you make a custom faceplate.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:19 AM
Advanced

the cl is the 1st generation cl so i guess that wont work.

any links for the companies you mentioned for the steering wheel adaptor?
the radio does have an infrared remote i did a search and didnt come up with anything

i really need to get a faceplate thats already setup being that im a newbie :-) I've only installed one radio and it came with everything I needed, and that went pretty well.

thanks
Old 07-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Drifting

i believe you can search the net for "SWI steering wheel interface/adapter" (or something similar) because www.lightningaudio.com (click products, click useful stuff, click oem and voila) does not have much info. crutchfield has it too i think...

faceplate, you can try and email streeteffectz...but from what i have read, you need to do some designing yourself so you can make a template to send to him. or go to a local stereo shop.