Pioneer Inno XM2Go/MP3 Player?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer Inno XM2Go/MP3 Player?

Anyone tried this unit out? It's got a color screen and is pretty small. I saw one at BestBuy and it looked nice. It has 1GB of space for MP3's or saved XM songs. Has a built in FM transmitter. Am looking at getting the car kit too with an antenna, dock, power cord. Would like to hook the dock up in the TSX and use the tape or FM while in my 4Runner. It also comes with a home dock with antenna. Seems nice, but looking for any personal experience with it. Also it has a $50 rebate and wanted to know if I could get the $60/year service and the rebate.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM
6th Gear

Just got one...

I have had the Inno for about 10 days now and it's excellent. I have never been willing to spend lots of time ripping CD's or playing with an ipod, so this is perfect for me. If I hear something I like I can just press the center button 3 times and it saves the song from the beginning! Instant gratification...

My project right now is to get it installed with direct input in my 99 TL. I have the AUX adapter on order along with a mounting plate and swivel. Unfortunatly these components are pricey for what they are, but I want it to look good, sound good, and be easily reachable.

Here is a link to the AUX input I used:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...9&cat=0&page=1

I just ordered yesterday so I havent proven it out. It was the least expensive I could find.

The mounting plate and swivel are from panaviseonline.com, also ordered yesterday

I also spent alot of time shopping for the best price and I found a merchant on Ebay selling for $195 before rebate, and no shipping charge. It takes her a week to ship, but the product is brand new as advertised, and the next best option was Amazon for $220 I think.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the info! Are you using a car kit now? Or any kind of external antenna? I'd like to easily use it an any car and am worried about getting a good signal without an antenna.

I'll be getting a SHOND3 adapter to hardwire the audio.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:31 PM
6th Gear

No car kit yet...

I haven't installed the car kit yet. I'm using a cassette tape adapter and the sound is just awful. I can usually identify familiar tunes in a few notes, but the sound is so bad that I sometimes think the song is a remake by another band!

I can say that the sound is excellent from the home dock that comes with the Inno, so I'm sure the cassette adapter is the source of the terrible sound. Apparently the latest firmware on the Inno doesn't allow use of the FM modulator unless it is mounted in the car dock, so I haven't tried that yet. On other sites people report leaving the car antenna on the back shelf next to the subwoofer (1999 TL) and having decent reception. And that's good because I haven't got a plan on how to install the antenna through the rear window.

Right now I have a universal cell phone vent mount that holds the inno antenna up to the level of the dash. Reception is ok most of the time on wide open Texas roads, but while driving in the woods or next to an elevated highway there are cut outs.

I hope to have the car kit installed in a week or so.