Old Navigation Disc?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 08:07 AM
BOOK EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Navigation Disc?

I bought my TL in Nov. It came with an orange disc 3.30D. Should I get the updated "F" version, or like the other thread has, the "G" version?
Should the dealer have given me the F version at the purchase time? Maybe I could take it up with them now?
Anybody know the changes from the "D" to the "F" version?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Intermediate

danno,

I know how you feel, I have also purchase my TL in the frist week of November 2003.
I am in sales and I have to travel allot, some place is not even in the map.

I think it is a waste of time even trying to talk to the dealer, but you never know. If you do talk let me know how it went.

Thanks.

If anybody know any of the changes are, please let us know.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:30 AM
BOOK EM

I called the dealer and they pretty much passed it on to Acura, saying the CDs come directly from them.
So I called Acura Cust. Service and told them they should update our Nav system with the current TLs that were produced. If you buy an item and find out a short while later that the company upgraded to current specs, they should give you the current upgrade, being everyone bought the same item within a certain amount of time.
That`s what a good company would do. Everybody bought an 04 TL.
I did get into a little fuss on who`s right. The service agent said they`ll pass it to the supervisor and will call me within 2-3 days.
It probably a losing battle, but that`s what there`re there for.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Intermediate

danno,

You are right! I will give the customer service a call to.

I guess if we all call and complain maybe and I mean maybe they might do something about this. Hay you never know it might just happen.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by danno
I called the dealer and they pretty much passed it on to Acura, saying the CDs come directly from them.
So I called Acura Cust. Service and told them they should update our Nav system with the current TLs that were produced. If you buy an item and find out a short while later that the company upgraded to current specs, they should give you the current upgrade, being everyone bought the same item within a certain amount of time.
That`s what a good company would do. Everybody bought an 04 TL.
I did get into a little fuss on who`s right. The service agent said they`ll pass it to the supervisor and will call me within 2-3 days.
It probably a losing battle, but that`s what there`re there for.
So, if I had bought that leftover '03 TL in the back of the lot Acura would have been obligated to give me an "updated" '04 TL? No wonder they had it way in the back
Old 05-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought mine like October 5th or so.. mine is a July 7th DVD, and they came out with one like October 6th . .

At the rate my service experiences are going the last two weeks, they're going to be buying a car back very soon.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
IMO, the current newer version Navi DVD is not worth of buying yet. They all have the similar database inside. I'm not sure when it will be the right time to have the new one, you don't need to be the first one though, just be patient and wait for the news.

I got mind in Oct, too. In Dec, I saw the new verision of Navi DVD, and called to ACS and Acura Navi division, they all told me the new version I had seen was almost identical Navi DVD to my July's version...
Old 05-25-2004, 01:49 PM
BOOK EM

SPECIALFX, your missing the point. I`m not talking about a year old 03. Being that its the SAME YEAR AND ONLY 1 OR 2 MONTHS DIFFERENCE, before changing to the updated version,why can`t they update the people who ordered ,and waited, and bought the 04 TL also?