Nik nac paddywack

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:43 PM
my girly girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nik nac paddywack

tons of creaks and squeaks comeing from everywhere in my car and out side.
the aftermarket spoiler rattles now and my trunk lid rattles.
any suggestions besides dynamatt too expensive. any ideas for the aftermarket spoiler rattleness. its really taking away the good sound quality of the bass. i tried using the liquid expandable foam and its cured the licnece plate rattling but i dont wanna use it on my car. please help open to all suggestions on what you guys did wit your rattles.
thanks alot
Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Darn those 1500-watt subwoofer systems.

Don't approach rattles as an overall problem, attack them one at a time. BTW, sound deadening is not too expensive, given what your sig says you have in your car.

If the trunk lid is rattling too much, you can possibly tighten the latch by re-aligning the latch and the hasp (mark their current locations before you start!). Your trunk gasket may also be overly compressed (i.e., shot) and you might want a new one of those.

Your spoiler needs to have rubber sheet cut and mounted between the car and the mounting feet to prevent the two parts vibrating against each other. If it makes noises from the whole thing vibrating as a unit, rather than vibrating at the join to the trunk, then it might just be a noisy part (design flaw). But I doubt it.