Newbie arranging soundsystem for new car... please critique

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Newb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie arranging soundsystem for new car... please critique

Needless to say coming from a vehicle with an after market sound system, my 2001 Acura's Bose is hardly decent. I previously had the system below:

Alpine 9813 Source unit
Old (good) MTX amps
Alpine Components up front
Alpine coaxial rears
Image dynamics 8in sub (inside the passengers compartment)

I was pushing around 4- 500watts RMS in the entire system

I like my music crisp, clean, and clear. I dont need lots of bass, just enough to get me by. That being said, I do not want to get fully involved with this system. I want to keep the factory head unit, and avoid amping the speakers if at all possible.

My audio source will primarily be from my i pod via a blitzsafe adapter. What I want to do is either find a pair of nice, efficient, front coaxial or components, bypass the front bose eq, leave the factory rear speakers for now, and replace sub with an aftermarket 8in shallow mount unit in the factory space.

My main concern is can I effectively bypass the EQ on just the front two channels while keeping it for the sub and rear two speakers?

How do you think this type of setup will sound? Eventually I would consider amping the sub with an external amp and replacing the rear door speakers. Like I said, I am getting older and just want something that will sound decent. I dont want to tear into the whole car and replace everything like I had done in my previous truck and I want to do as little wiring as possible in this vehicle.

Let me know, Tim