New amp on it's way.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New amp on it's way.

I opted for a Linear Power 2.2 HV to power the 6.5 ID Chameleons.

On paper it looks incredible. I hope it's the last amp I buy for the front.

Like I said, I'll deal with the IDMAX later.

I'm in the process of getting a yellow top Optima (my buddie's fiancee gets them at cost!!!) so I should have that in the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to re-run the power wire to the trunk. I'm going with 2 guage to the trunk, split into 4 guage for the JBL and either 8 or 4 guage for the Linear Power.

Who knows what the hell I'll do. I've still got to RAAMmat the doors and everything else..........

As I complete a task, I'll post so you can check my mods page and see where I'm at.

I hope the LP was the best choice of amp....it WILL be the last choice..

Oh, here's a link to the LP site for a glance at the amp:

http://www.linearpower.com/html/index2.html

It's a series T03.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Never heard of it. Lookin at the specs it looks like a nice amp, expnsive to. How much did u end up getting it for.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Racer

Originally posted by dnd2984
Never heard of it. Lookin at the specs it looks like a nice amp, expnsive to. How much did u end up getting it for.
LOL, you must be fairly young. I remember reading about Linear Power ("Ear Candy" - Their slogan) amps back when I was in college. Too high $$$ for me back then.

They are generally considered to be in the upper echelon of amps by many - comparable to Brax, Zapco, Sinfoni, Audison, etc. They don't have the name recognition today that they had back then, but they still produce some of the best stuff on the market.

I'll let you know what I think once it's pushing the chameleons.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally posted by bozzchem
LOL, you must be fairly young. I remember reading about Linear Power ("Ear Candy" - Their slogan) amps back when I was in college. Too high $$$ for me back then.

They are generally considered to be in the upper echelon of amps by many - comparable to Brax, Zapco, Sinfoni, Audison, etc. They don't have the name recognition today that they had back then, but they still produce some of the best stuff on the market.

I'll let you know what I think once it's pushing the chameleons.
Yea I am fairly young only about 19 so far. Actually if I am correct I just remembered when I say some Linear amps. Last month Car and audio mag. They were in a old school mazda, pretty neat system consisted of a single w5 and some quartz. Again goodluck with the new amp.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

LP amps, that takes me back. They use to be the cream of the crop. For a while, they were one of the most sought after amps made. I was not aware they were still being made. If they are anything like the ones of years past, they will be awesome. Nothing but clean sound, that's it. Can't wait to hear how you like it.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Racer

Originally posted by AcuraX2
LP amps, that takes me back. They use to be the cream of the crop. For a while, they were one of the most sought after amps made. I was not aware they were still being made. If they are anything like the ones of years past, they will be awesome. Nothing but clean sound, that's it. Can't wait to hear how you like it.
I guess we're showing our age here!! Yes, they're amps are still that damn good!!

I was going to go with JL or Arc. However, once I found out LP was still in business I knew that was probably the amp for me. Brute strength combined with incredible SQ and a bulletproof design.....I'm actually starting to foam at the mouth a bit here..........

LP is truly a legend in car audio. I don't know why they don't have the recognition they had back in "our day". Maybe they slacked off on their marketing or something like that.

The 2.2 HV is going to push the ID Chameleons to their limit. I can't wait to hear what they sound like with 135 - 185W RMS from an LP amp pushing them.

I'll let you know!!
Old 08-24-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro

Re: New amp on it's way.

Excellent choice. LP amps are still one of the best sounding amps on the market IMO. It makes it even sweeter that you can buy them at heavily discounted prices factory direct. Congrats and enjoy!

Bryan

Originally posted by bozzchem
I opted for a Linear Power 2.2 HV to power the 6.5 ID Chameleons.

On paper it looks incredible. I hope it's the last amp I buy for the front.

Like I said, I'll deal with the IDMAX later.

I'm in the process of getting a yellow top Optima (my buddie's fiancee gets them at cost!!!) so I should have that in the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to re-run the power wire to the trunk. I'm going with 2 guage to the trunk, split into 4 guage for the JBL and either 8 or 4 guage for the Linear Power.

Who knows what the hell I'll do. I've still got to RAAMmat the doors and everything else..........

As I complete a task, I'll post so you can check my mods page and see where I'm at.

I hope the LP was the best choice of amp....it WILL be the last choice..

Oh, here's a link to the LP site for a glance at the amp:

http://www.linearpower.com/html/index2.html

It's a series T03.