Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 01:50 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help

Hi,

This is my first post, so bear with me!

I am a new owner of a 2001 CL-S and I LOVE my car...it is the best!

While the car drives well, the stereo lacks, in my opinion. So I am looking for advice on some upgrades.

I would like to keep the head unit the same since it fits so well and is okay quality?

There is no bass at all, so I am looking at a subwoofer and amp, along with new speakers.

So far I have listened to the Sony Xplod 604EQX amp for the 6 speakers and the Xplod 1502SX as an amp for a sub. I also listened to the Fosgate 500 series.

The Subs I like are the Boston 110 and the Kicker 10".

Can people please offer advice on complete systems or individual components they have used or like? Does anyone have experience in San Francisco bay area for installation or purchase of parts?

My total budget can not exceed $2500 including installation, so please keep that in mind.

Thanks for the help on what will the first of many questions I have!!
Old 05-02-2001, 04:01 AM
Instructor

hey man...listen dont mean to be an ass, but i dont wanna repeaat myself a lot. Go to car talk section...and look for a subject that says "IF YOU HAVE UPGRADED YOUR SPEAKERS, PLEASE RESPOND." I have all the info you want posted there. should be around pages 3,4,5,6. Later

------------------
San Marino CLS, Ebony Interior, Custom red laquer trim, navigation, 5 TVs, PANASONIC DVD head unit, MBQUART sound system with 10 speakers (4 custom installed) 11 tweeters, 3 ROCKFORD FOSGATE Amps (1100, 2 x 800), 3 ECLIPSE Aluminum subs, 1 McIntosh amp, Solaris lights, 0% tint all around, Comptech exaust, custom installed Valentine 1, custom power rear sunshade, Comptech headers, AEM CAI, Eibach prokit, PIAA Hyperwhite Platinums, MM Wheels, TOYO TS1 proxy, and more!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 03:00 AM
Instructor

Wow, so much for a nice "Welcome to the group"

Is this the attitude here? If so, that's too bad.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:09 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
For $2500 you can do a pretty decent setup. I will tell you you can save some money and get higher quality speakers for the front stage and continue to use the rear for fill off the stock amp. I would personally go with something along the lines of FOCAL UTOPIAS for the front stage off a good amp like a phoenix gold zx475ti or something comprable. As for bass, a couple of 8's or a 10 seems to be like what you are looking for....you want nice, clean bass, but not overpowering, correct?

If I can be of assistance, please feel free to email me ron@streeteffectz.com and check out our website www.streeteffectz.com .