Need RCA inputs on stock system!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need RCA inputs on stock system!

I've built a CAR MP3 system out of an old computer I have and put it in a plexiglass case and have a backlit 40x4 LCD display. System works great, and now I'm at the point where I'm going to install it in my car (1997 3.0CL). I removed the stock CD player today from my car to figure out some way of connecting it today, but unfortunately I did not find any RCA INPUT plugs (would have been great). All I see is a CHANGER DIN PIN plug. Anyone know how I can use the CHANGER PLUG to provide a way of inputing an AUXILARY signal? (which basically comes out of my LINE OUT SoundBlaster card)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know the specifics of your stock stereo... but I assume you could do what I did and install an a-b switch on the inputs to the stock amplifier. Sony makes one that you can find more about by doing a search, its been discussed a lot. Downside of this approach would be having to use the volume control on your mp3 player to control the volume of the stereo.

Or you could use an RF modulator, though that might not sound too great. You could use the normal volume knob with this approach, but you won't get the sound quality from the first option.

I don't think there's a way to use the changer input you were talking about... but if there is, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I use a portable minidisc player run through the sony switch, not to mention a ps2 as well.