Need Help With Blitzsafe Product

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 07:05 PM
Intermediate

Need Help With Blitzsafe Product

First, I have a 2002 Acura TL with Navi & 6 "indash" CD Changer

I had a custom car audio shop in NorCal install the following:

Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.1 1998-2005 Acura/Honda Auxiliary Input Converter & the P.I.E. UNi-POD Auxiliary iPODŽ Interface

For My Sirius Radio & Ipod

They installed the Sat Radio in my sunglass holder, then using a Pro Clip on the right side of the radio center console for my Ipod. In the center console, they installed a toggle switch, to go from Sat Radio to Ipod using the CD control (CD 1-99). They installed the Sat antenna under the back speaker deck, (I DO get good reception 90% of the time)

The install was in December 2006

After 4 months I am getting a ton of static out of the speakers, no it's not the antenna, even with 3 bars on the Sat Radio I get the static. If I toggle over to the Ipod I still hear the static. (Which doesn't happen with the cd player or am/fm radio on)

I spoke to the install guys and they feel that since I'm getting the static while listening to both that it must be a faulty "Blitzsafe" unit. So I called Logjam Electronics and asked them if they go bad, the tech guy said sometimes. He mentioned Hot & Cold changes can sometimes make them go bad, well I live in the Sacramento area and we don't get the huge climate changes here.

So I ordered a replacement to be sent (Yes Logjam will replace it for free) BUT that was two months ago! and I'm still waiting!

Before I have the audio shop tear it apart to put the new unit in I want to ask any of you Technical Experts if you've had the same problem and if so what did you do to correct the problem?

Thank you for ANY help offered!

Is it possible that I just need a noise filter?
Old 06-08-2007 | 08:26 AM
Senior Moderator

I've heard of it. At this point you have no choice. You must start eliminating possible causes of the static.

The shop should cover the cost of any work right? They installed it there should be some sort of warranty on their work.
Old 06-08-2007 | 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
I've heard of it. At this point you have no choice. You must start eliminating possible causes of the static.

The shop should cover the cost of any work right? They installed it there should be some sort of warranty on their work.
If it's a problem based on installation the shop should cover the costs. If the static is caused by a faulty product then the shop should charge. It's very rare that a Blitzsafe adapter has gone bad. I've installed atleast a hundred. If a customer had any issues it was usually from another cause.

I would wager that the cables plugging into your Blitzsafe adpater are rubbing agaist metal or coming unplugged. There is very little room behind the deck in a TL. You pretty much have to cram everything in there to get the deck to fit back in. I say this from experience. I have the same Blitzsafe adapter in my TL. I had more of a scratching sound. But it was from the RCA ends rubbing against the chassis of the deck.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2007 | 11:46 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by uncald4
If it's a problem based on installation the shop should cover the costs. If the static is caused by a faulty product then the shop should charge. It's very rare that a Blitzsafe adapter has gone bad. I've installed atleast a hundred. If a customer had any issues it was usually from another cause.

I would wager that the cables plugging into your Blitzsafe adpater are rubbing agaist metal or coming unplugged. There is very little room behind the deck in a TL. You pretty much have to cram everything in there to get the deck to fit back in. I say this from experience. I have the same Blitzsafe adapter in my TL. I had more of a scratching sound. But it was from the RCA ends rubbing against the chassis of the deck.

Good luck!
Thanks for the great information! I will go back to the shop and see what they say. The funny thing is that sometimes there is no static, then once it starts there's no stopping it! So it makes perfect sense that it's rubbing against the chassis of the deck!

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again!