Need help with an '04

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with an '04

Anyone here install an aftermarket amp and replace the factory speakers on their 04 without Navi?

I am in the process, and have some questions? First, is it easy to pull the door panels? Has anyone done this yet? Second, I want to install a set of component separates, so I want to replace the factory tweeters in the dash. Anyone here tried this yet? Third, what is the easiest and best (if each are different) to install the remote switch-on wire for the aftermarket amp?

So far, I have replaced the factory sub with an 8" Kicker sub, tapped into the front and rear speaker wires for converting to line-level with a 4-channel adapter. I don't have it powered up yet so I don't know how it sounds, but I anticipate it should be better since the aftermarket sub can be used for a free-air configuration. and will be receiving a lot more power.

So, after all of this is done, I will have a 5-channel amp powering the fronts, rears, and sub with the center-channel speaker being powered by the factory amp. The 5-channel amp ony has 4 channels of input, not 5, so I really hope the output from the OEM deck is full-range to these speakers.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't everybody respond at once!!!

Well, I have hooked up the amp but it is not working. My guess is the remote switch-on wire. I called the service center and the guy looked it up for me and told me it was a green and yellow wire to tap into for switched power on - should be the one for an aftermarket amp. I tapped into that wire, but I get nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
sorry dont own a 04, so im notfimilar with the set up in that car yet