Need 04 TL Nav LCD specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:40 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need 04 TL Nav LCD specs

I'm <this> close to getting VGA working on the TL navi screen. All I need is the specs for the LCD screen in the 04 TL. If anyone has or can find this information, please post and / or PM me with the info. Or if you have taken yours apart and know the make & model # of the LCD panel itself. Once I get the correct powerstrip settings I'll post the instructions + pictures.

Turns out that most ATI radeons can output composite sync on pin 13. No NTSC -> RGBS converter needed, just VGA -> LCD. I can get a scrolling windows desktop, but not solid. I figured out that the LCD is fixed scan rate, probably 15KHZ, but I specifically need the resolution, color depth, horizontal and vertical scan rates and I'm 99% sure I can get it going. I think the resolution + color depth is 480x234x256, but I really need confirmation + the scan rates.

After I get this working, I'm going to work on the touch input...

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if they changed much for the 04's, but I am working on something similar in my '02. I haven't really gotten too far into driving the LCD, I figured that'd be fairly trivial, worst case I buy one of the many things people I using to play DVD's on nav screens and get a video card with TV out.

Before I spend any money on that stuff, I want to tackle the touch screen. The '02 uses something called GA-NET II on its databus. I can't find any info on it anywhere. I have taken some shots of it with an oscilliscope, and couldn't make too much sense of it. (I can send you those pics if you send me your email address). I have also taken a better set of data with a National Instruments Data Logger. I have data for every button press and touch screen position (couple hundred megs worth) haven't had time to look at it yet. If the '04 also uses GA-NET II and you are interested in helping, I could probably snail mail you a CD of my data.

either way, contact me at dave@morecaffeine.net and let me know what info you have on the touchscreen.

Thanks,
Dave