TL: Navigation Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:06 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Help Please!

Hello Acurazine,
I currently own a '02 Acura TL type S and when i bought it it came with an aftermarket double din alpine deck which is fully functional. The problem is the navigation screen above it has no type of power, the screen is just black. This is frustrating because this is where the A/C controls are so I have no control over my air conditioning. I've checked all fuses and wires and they all have power and ive even tried to install a different navigation unit that i knew was functional and it didnt work in my car. I noticed that the Navi DVD drive in the back is completely missing due to the fact that the previous user removed it in order to fit his subs, can this be the reason why my screen is not working? If not, What else can it be? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:31 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by adrianrmrz18
Hello Acurazine,
I currently own a '02 Acura TL type S and when i bought it it came with an aftermarket double din alpine deck which is fully functional. The problem is the navigation screen above it has no type of power, the screen is just black. This is frustrating because this is where the A/C controls are so I have no control over my air conditioning. I've checked all fuses and wires and they all have power and ive even tried to install a different navigation unit that i knew was functional and it didnt work in my car. I noticed that the Navi DVD drive in the back is completely missing due to the fact that the previous user removed it in order to fit his subs, can this be the reason why my screen is not working? If not, What else can it be? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
Yes, If you are missing the factory DVD NAV unit, you will NOT have any activation on your screen. Sorry. I would pull your back seat and make sure the additional NAV components were still installed on the left hand side behind the back seat. If they are, you will need to replace the DVD player and get the code from the owner you buy it from.