TL: Navigation Disc Drive help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Disc Drive help

I've been looking around the internet for hours, and can't seem to find my problem reproduced exactly.

My screen reads "Please check your disc."The entire console is bricked - I cannot play radio (satellite or AM/FM), can't play CDs or tape, can't access any menu, I can't even change the clock. I have access to the AC, and that's it. I checked the navigation DVD unit, which cannot eject the disc. It looks like there is a small light cover near the eject button, and this also is not working. This has led me to assume that the disc drive itself is dead, rather than a bad disc or other read issues I've looked at while researching this.

A friend suggested I check the fuses. Three of the inner fuses were missing (let's just say I have a brother with.... issues), so I replaced them today. No change. I'd still like to check for burned-out fuses just in case, but I can't tell which ones go to the navigation disc drive. I assume it's on the inner box, since it seems like an inside function, but I'm not sure. I can't read the shorthand on a lot of the fuses, so if someone could help lead me to which ones would control the Navigation disc drive, that would be awesome.

Assuming it's not a fuse issue, are there any other options I can explore rather than paying three to six hundred dollars for a new drive and trying to replace it myself?