Navigation Conversion Guru's

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:33 PM
CL-S 6Speed is rarely in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Navigation Conversion Guru's

Well I think I did it. Last night I spent 4 hours wiring up a harness for the stock Navi. I had about 15 or so taps to make in the car so today I went for it. I didn't hook up a few wires though. There are two wires for the audio system I didn't hook up and the wire supposed to go to ECU connector A ,pin 9. Will this effect operation of the navigation?

The alt charge signal said to tap into pin 21 of the 30pin gauge cluster plug. The was no wire in pin 21 so I just added the wire to the connector.

The a/c controls all work and when I open the lid for the DVD drive, the screen tells me its open or the disc is missing. I checked and there is a disc in the drive. So it seems that all functions are working correctly

Now, I got this from a wreck and I don't have the security code. The code was not on the side of the glove box or in any of the fuse panels. There was also no manual. I am going to try and get the dealer near me to give me the code because I still have the vin for the wreck. Once I get the code, I'll be able to fully test the navigation. The navigaiton threads I found here on Azine made this go real smooth for me. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to that! I'll post back after I talk with the dealer tommorrow.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
CL-S 6Speed is rarely in

Originally Posted by Beavisboots

The alt charge signal said to tap into pin 21 of the 30pin gauge cluster plug. The was no wire in pin 21 so I just added the wire to the connector.
The system keeps shuting down after 5 minutes so I guess the alt wire I added to the plug was no good. I'll have to find a different alt charge wire. Can anyone else who's done the conversion chime in about the ECU wire? Is it ok that I didn't hook it up? I'm gonna have to take the dash apart again to fix the charge wire and finish the audio prompt so if I should hook up the ECU wire I will. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
CL-S 6Speed is rarely in

UPDATE:

This weekend I hooked up the audio, ecu and alt charge signal. I tapped the alt and ecu wires directly into the ecu plugs themselves and the system now stays on when the car is running. System still doesn't route properly and always says to please proceed. To make matters worse, right after I got finished, I got a CEL for the knock sensor. I just ran the tank dry and refilled with better gas. I stopped at a Riggins Station in Jersey last weekend and suspected the gas may have been bad. I'll wait about 50 miles and reset the CEL and see if it comes back. I reset right after filling and it came back as soon as I hit 3000rpms while in gear.

Back on track, nobody has any clue why this navi system is not mapping correctly????? Any way to reload the current disc to see if it helps????