Navi DVD

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi DVD

Hey guys,
I'm new to this board, sorry if this is a wrong spot to put this message in.
My friend just bought a new version of the nav DVD, I've copied that DVD to the double layer recordable DVD ( original DVD just can't fit to 4.7GB single layer DVD), however my Acura nav reader will not read it, the screen shows message "DVD reading error, please contact your dealer".
Computer has no problem to read copied DVD, old original DVD still works fine.
Any advise ?

2004 TSX

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:10 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
There are a number of threads on this, I would try the search feature. These DVD copy threads usually get a lot of activity right when a new rev is released and then lie dormant for a while.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:57 PM
No h2o2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I too copied that onto a dual layer disc after I bought the latest rev. U CANNOT COPY IT, but you can make an ISO image of it, and the burn the exact image back onto a dual layer. Even at that, it occasionally will give the error, but usually turning off the car, restarting the car, and waiting until the DVD loads correctly BEFORE driving will result in a workable solution.

Two things though, I bought mine and only made a backup of it. It does have everything finally on this disc.

I only copied it cause a friend of mine who bought a new version and was in an accident shortly afterwards had the disc stolen from her car. It was replaced with a version that was not available / shipping when she bought her 02 TL. It was the version for early 01 (I guess late 00).

If you have the original that you paid for, and make a backup copy, that MIGHT get you off the hook if for some reason your car has to go to the dealer for something and they get that error. They will check on the DVD and if it is a copy, you may hear from Alpine....and not in a pleasant way.

With that said, my ISO was a 6.66 gigs I believe, funny how that number worked out huh...

Steve