Navi Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
CL-S 6Speed is rarely in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Navi Conversion

Whats up TL side? I usually hang around the CL side, but noticed more TL guys have done this conversion than CL guys. I had a few questions regarding my conversion. I posted a few days ago on the CL side but got no response.

I got everything wired up and the system turns on and found a GPS signal. I didn't hook up the ECU wire because I just plain forgot before putting it all back together. Also, I put the alt charge signal into pin 21 of the gauge cluster. However, there was no wire in that location on the plug. I didn't work because the system shuts down after 5 minutes so I'll have to find a different wire to tap this weekend. I'm gonna hook the audio part up this weekend anyway so when I rip it apart again I'll fix it. Do I need the ECU wire???

Today I decided to try it out and see how it worked giving me directions. Not very well. It tells me my location on the map, but when it figures out my route, it tells me to start about 1.5 miles away from where I am. I tried going to that location, but the screen always says "please proceed:" and never tells me to turn. It always say the full distance of the trip, even when I arrive at my destination. It also still says "please proceed:" when I arrive at the destination. I doesn't seem to re-route me if I go a different way either. One last problem, its always off by like 150 yards. I tried the location correction but eventually it becomes off by 150 yards or so again. The disk is perfect and clean and the version is 2.05 (clear and black). Would updating the disk help? Did I hook something up wrong? Thanks in advance!

Joe