my new soundsystem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002 | 06:20 PM
Advanced

my new soundsystem

hey guys i just installed my system and i got a line out converter but the remote turn on switch isn't working so i just tapped into the back two speakers and connected it through that way. I'm also getting some feedback after i turn off hte car. Does anyone know wat that's from? cuz my amp is on all the time until i pull the ground because the remote turn on doesn't work sooooo i'm thinking its from the fact that the amp is always on......ne advice would be welcome thanks!
Old 05-28-2002 | 11:44 AM
Seminole Fan

I ran my remote turn on lead from the Radio fuse in the fuse box. Look in your manual and find the radio fuse and simply run a wire back from that.
Old 05-28-2002 | 09:05 PM
10th Gear

i tap mine on the stock amp in the trunk. Its one of the yellow wire, only 2 yellow wires in the plug, 1 is power and the other is remote, i forgot which position its in. But if you locate the stock amp, test it with test light. Its cleaner this way than run wire all the way to the front fuse box
Old 05-29-2002 | 03:00 PM
Seminole Fan

Originally posted by CLchoier
i tap mine on the stock amp in the trunk. Its one of the yellow wire, only 2 yellow wires in the plug, 1 is power and the other is remote, i forgot which position its in. But if you locate the stock amp, test it with test light. Its cleaner this way than run wire all the way to the front fuse box
Actually, I ran the remote with the power wire under all the trim and it is a very clean install. I prefer this method because I plan on running amp fans and neons off the same wire - and the remote lead from the stereo isn't strong enough to power all of those. But the way you said should work for his setup.