Motorola handsfree car kit for the v.60

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 04:35 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motorola handsfree car kit for the v.60

Hello,

Since the Navi system is capable of lowering the audio volume when making an annoucement, I'm guessing the stereo has the mute connection.

Does anyone know what color is that wire? Also, should I use any kind of a diode to prevent current from flowing back into the navi unit when hooking up both the navi and handsfree kit mute wires to the same connection on the stereo?

Second, does anyone know if the speaker wires from the car kit can be directly hook into the car speakers or the stereo input. I'm guessing the car kit speaker wire are already amplified.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Race Director

Re: Motorola handsfree car kit for the v.60

Originally posted by siriusfr33
Hello,

Since the Navi system is capable of lowering the audio volume when making an annoucement, I'm guessing the stereo has the mute connection.

Does anyone know what color is that wire? Also, should I use any kind of a diode to prevent current from flowing back into the navi unit when hooking up both the navi and handsfree kit mute wires to the same connection on the stereo?

Second, does anyone know if the speaker wires from the car kit can be directly hook into the car speakers or the stereo input. I'm guessing the car kit speaker wire are already amplified.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
I don't know the answers to your questions, but I hoping to find out, too. The v60 speaker is pretty loud, why do you want to route thru stereo speakers? What about feedback?

Yes there is an entertainment mute wire on the v60 car kit. You probably already know about this orange wire.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:19 AM
5th Gear

Tested it!

I hooked everything up and tested it. The mute connection didn't work. I coupled the orange mute wire to the navi mute connection and neither the Navi sound nor the handsfree mute function work at all. I think I need to trying using a diode or a relay.

I'll appreciate any experience comments on this matter.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:50 PM
5th Gear

Done!

Well, did a final test and the navi mute does NOT work with the handsfree car kit. The way I tested it is by unplugging the wires from the navi unit in the truck and hooking the orange wire to the stereo. No go. It ok, more likely to get feedback as the last guy have mentioned.

Found a spot for the main module. I placed it right above the hood release. I placed the speaker right on top of the module as well. It's working fine without the navi mute since I can't easily turn down the stereo volume with the stirring button.