Los Angelenos, So Calians - 50% off at Al & Eds

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:10 AM
97 2.2CL?for how long??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Los Angelenos, So Calians - 50% off at Al & Eds

Hey guys. I saw an ad for Al & Ed's autosound yesterday. the deal is good today till 9pm.

anyway, I have a 97 2.2CL non-bose stock system. Standard installation has to be purchaed with the 50% off deal anyway, my system is completely stock. The 50% off deal is for ONE item only. Can I have the front speakers changed to Component Alpine Type-S/R? or would that mean I'd have to change the head unit?
(I'm completely ignorant on the subject and I don't want those guys to rip me off with add-ons)

I was planning on getting a headunit at a later time since I could probably install that myself. But the component door speakers...with the tweaters...let the professionals handle em. lol

thanks for any input or flame
Old 11-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Master in Science

I'm selling my Type R speakers (6.5" component). I tried to install them in the 4Runner and they didn't fit. If you want them, I can let them go for a good value. How about $100?

I'm in San Diego north county, shipping costs would be small to LA.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:36 PM
97 2.2CL?for how long??

I'd buy them. But my issue is Installation. I don't have the time or tools to install door speakers and tweeters. "50% off" would probably end up costing me retail or so, but without it, it would cost more than retail due to installation charges.

the local shops don't really give installation quotes, because they want to milk ignorant suckers like me for every penny they can. I'm not sure how Al & Ed's is, but I assume they are no different.

thanks though. try ebaying them!