Just bought my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 07:59 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought my TSX

Any Idea the manufacture/model of the Non- Navigation Stereo...Alpine???

What About speakers?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Master in Science

Re: Just bought my TSX

Originally posted by israelcd

What About speakers?

Thanks
Congratulations on your purchase. Please do some searches of the forum before asking questions. These have been answered before -- several times.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

since you are new i think the HU is pioneer, but some say it might even be alpine. as for the speakers they are all pioneer. cheers!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Just bought my TSX

What About speakers?

Thanks
Head Unit = Panasonic
Speakers = Pioneer
Old 04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
4th Gear

Oh come on now slo007

It was a simple question...

That question may have been answered several times before but its not in any current thread...

Please refrain from smart ass replies this is not the forum nor am I the type to tolerate it...

To those who provided the answer...Thank you sincerely...
Old 04-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh come on now slo007

It was a simple question...

That question may have been answered several times before but its not in any current thread...

Please refrain from smart ass replies this is not the forum nor am I the type to tolerate it...

To those who provided the answer...Thank you sincerely...
I don't think slo007's remark was smart ass at all. In fact slo007 was very cordial and just informed you that this question has been asked and answerd and discussed ad nausem. Its not difficult to find those threads it just takes a little work on your part.

Also, this IS the forum for all types of replies, smart ass type included. If you can't tolerate it then perhaps you should'nt read the threads cause you'll find lots of smart ass comments. Enjoy.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Master in Science

Originally posted by jlukja
I don't think slo007's remark was smart ass at all. In fact slo007 was very cordial and just informed you that this question has been asked and answerd and discussed ad nausem. Its not difficult to find those threads it just takes a little work on your part.

Also, this IS the forum for all types of replies, smart ass type included. If you can't tolerate it then perhaps you should'nt read the threads cause you'll find lots of smart ass comments. Enjoy.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:04 PM
4th Gear

My question was not whether anyone had asked the question before or how often... I don't really care... If slow007 wanted to inform of a similar post he could have pointed me to a similar link without all the extra verbage...

I quote: "please do some searches of the forums before asking questions"

This statement ASSumes that I had not done any searching...

If he was that offended by the question he should have ignored it.

Others provided the answers without criticism...

Perhaps you are correct, I was seeking a forum of people who had more knowledge than myself with regard to the TSX...To Ask questions...imagine that?

Smart ASS replies take away from learning...This thread started regarding fucking speakers not if the question had been asked before or not... The two of you are probably less than adequate in your genital area...you must be...its the only thing that explains dodging questions and unsolicited criticism...CHEERS
Old 04-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Master in Science

Thumbs down

My question was not whether anyone had asked the question before or how often... I don't really care... If slow007 wanted to inform of a similar post he could have pointed me to a similar link without all the extra verbage...

Perhaps you are correct, I was seeking a forum of people who had more knowledge than myself with regard to the TSX...To Ask questions...imagine that?

Smart ASS replies take away from learning...This thread started regarding fucking speakers not if the question had been asked before or not... The two of you are probably less than adequate in your genital area...you must be...its the only thing that explains dodging questions and unsolicited criticism...CHEERS
For a 3-post person, you have quite an attitude to call me names.

I've done a good amount of work on the sound system in my car, and am learning more and more, week-by-week, from searching threads in mutiple forums and asking specific questions regarding specific problems/ideas.

The brand model of the HU and speakers has been answered before dozens of times; so yeah, I doubt you did any research as you are implying.

Access to the forum is free. But getting information on it requires patience and some work on your part, too.

And as you may have noticed in the replies, not everyone knows the right information. The truth comes out in pieces.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Team Owner

I think your attitude takes away from your learning as do your personal attacks. You should spend more time learning the use of the button and less time thinking about my genital area.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 AM
Burning Brakes

current thread meaning whatever is on the first page?
it is NOT that hard to do a search
Old 04-29-2004, 07:29 AM
4th Gear

This will be my last post on the matter...

I could have spent my time searching through hundreds of post to find an answer that was most likeley contained within the heads of TSX.com forum members.

OR

I could have spent my time researching the effects of electron microscope damage on the surface of a GaAs sample use to grow carbon nanotubes, which...by the way.... is most likely not in the heads of TSX.com forum members...

Humans are a resource...Please understand this...

It was simply a better use of my time to pose the question to a group of humans who most likely had the answer than to search through countless post...

Not to offend other reasonable minded members... but I am not a car radio enthusiast, so the details of the TSX radio are trivial to me. I conceed that members of this forum are the experts in a subject, that I have only a passing recreational interest in.

Furthermore, I only carry on the dialog becuase of principle...Its people like yourselves who hide behind keyboards and assert your authority over a subject matter that has very little meaning in the day to day lives of anyone....

I only mention your genitals becuase its most often a source of mens insecurities... Which some of you have proven...What is a man without nuts?...A bitch....Plain and simple...and only a bitch would complain and criticize over such a trivial matter.

Get A life........
Old 04-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

This will be my last post on the matter...

I could have spent my time searching through hundreds of post to find an answer that was most likeley contained within the heads of TSX.com forum members.

OR

I could have spent my time researching the effects of electron microscope damage on the surface of a GaAs sample use to grow carbon nanotubes, which...by the way.... is most likely not in the heads of TSX.com forum members...

Humans are a resource...Please understand this...

It was simply a better use of my time to pose the question to a group of humans who most likely had the answer than to search through countless post...

Not to offend other reasonable minded members... but I am not a car radio enthusiast, so the details of the TSX radio are trivial to me. I conceed that members of this forum are the experts in a subject, that I have only a passing recreational interest in.

Furthermore, I only carry on the dialog becuase of principle...Its people like yourselves who hide behind keyboards and assert your authority over a subject matter that has very little meaning in the day to day lives of anyone....

I only mention your genitals becuase its most often a source of mens insecurities... Which some of you have proven...What is a man without nuts?...A bitch....Plain and simple...and only a bitch would complain and criticize over such a trivial matter.

Get A life........
If you ask a question that has been asked numerous times before then be prepared to be told to search. Obviously, you didn't. Why don't you start another thread and ask what kind of oil people use in their TSX, or better yet, what's the best wax, and see what kind of responses you get. Do a little homework. The next time you feel like posting, don't embarass yourself and ...
:noob:
Old 04-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
:whocares:

just answer the poor guys question.

I would answer the question but I just don't know the answer.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:30 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Whoa boys, I think this has gotten out of hand pretty quickly for no reason.

First thing, congrats on your purchase israelcd.

Now I don't think slo was being a smart ass in his initial reply, he simply pointed something out. Like jlukja said, if you ask a similar repetitive question your likely to get the same response. Now having said that maybe we should all be more understanding to new members, especially if THEY OWN a TSX. We want new people coming back for more and this thread is'nt a good exapmle of how to make that happen. Lets try and give a link, especially if the new member has less than 20 or so posts.

Now israelcd going by your comments about searching through hundreds of posts to find something. I just want to make sure you know how the search functions works, at the risk of stating the obvious. The search function will only bring up threads that contain the key word you searched on (ie, speakers) So in most cases you'll only have to search through a few threads at most.
If you continue to ask questions without first using the search thats fine, but be prepared to handle the responses and expect that the thread will be closed.

It looks like everyone involved here can take some blame and we can/should move on.

Welcome to the site israelcd
Old 04-29-2004, 10:37 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-29-2004, 10:48 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

fdl you prick, your supposed to be a mod remember?

That pic works on so many levels

WTF is with that "I am NOT domn" thing under your name?
Old 04-29-2004, 10:51 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by domn
fdl you prick, your supposed to be a mod remember?

That pic works on so many levels

WTF is with that "I am NOT domn" thing under your name?
Yes I'm a mod , but I'm still gunning for most hated mod award, and every vote counts!

The "I'm not domn thing" is because twice in the past week 2 separate people have confused me for you. Not sure why
Old 04-29-2004, 10:52 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

So you wanna play that game eh?
Old 04-29-2004, 11:07 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by domn
So you wanna play that game eh?

Hmm...what game is that?
Old 04-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Team Owner

I tried to treat the noob respecfully till he turned it personal. But, thats water under the bridge.

Now, what's all this Mod vs. Mod stuff?
Old 04-29-2004, 11:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by fdl
Hmm...what game is that?
I don't know I just thought that was the right thing to write at the time

Now welcome our newest member dammit !!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:14 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Ok here's the game.

<-------------------------------------
Old 04-29-2004, 11:17 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I'm the PW police. I'm always on the prowl...so watch out.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Photography Nerd

fdl, if you are the PW police, you are definitely one corrupt official.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:29 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

His last name is MCcormick
Old 04-29-2004, 11:35 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Dan Martin
fdl, if you are the PW police, you are definitely one corrupt official.
no no...its called under cover ops.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Photography Nerd

Old 04-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Master in Science

I only mention your genitals becuase its most often a source of mens insecurities...
You must be a girl then. Had I known this, I would have treated you differently.* Poor thing!

A search on "speaker brand" returned 11 threads. Wow! Such hard work. I'm sure even a girl can read through them...

* Not really. I treat everyone the same.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Instructor

This is my first post... ever. I'd have to say that this has become a bit childish. Shame on you guys. Let it go, it's over.

OK, so the guy asked a dumb question... he's probably lazy like me, and just wanted a quick answer. cut him some slack.

Bottom line is, this forum is an incredible tool for information. I just bought a new TSX - black. I love it. The forum is awesome for me, because I believe that no car comes with a 'worthy' stereo, and within 30 mins I've found out how to rip the door skins off, and pull the head unit out.

Thanks guys... and stick to information. The fighting isn't worth your time.