JL Audio CleanSweep the TSX Awnser?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JL Audio CleanSweep the TSX Awnser?

Just noticed this is shipping out to dealers now. Got quoted $315 to $385 for the unit plus installation. I noticed it provides an Aux input, but Im not sure how it is switched or activated.

Anyways could this be the solution to the TSX/XM aux input problem we are desperately waiting for Blitzsafe to solve?

Here is the link: http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html

Im thinking about this unit, but Im not sure if it will help if I eventually change the amps and speakers anyways. Im looking into Zapco reference amps and re-using my Dynaudios or maybe picking up a set of Image Dynamics. Then its a matter of selecting the tweeter location. Coaxial in the door, or stock tweeter location in the dash?

Any suggestions, reccomendations, or input is appreciated.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Instructor

been answered before. in short, not needed for tsx: we already have a good clean output without built in dsp in our head unit (with a built in aux used by the xm). use the search button and you will find all kinds of stuff people have done with aux input and rca outputs. now if you want a true pre-amp (ie audiocontrol 4.1i, arc audio or zapco) for more control and greater voltage, that is a whole different isse... jps
Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Yep. You need to read the Master DIY thread and find the post on Preamp Output.

The CleanSweep is not that good. The thing it's best at is grabbing the fixed line outs on GM and other OEM HUs and giving a new volume control knob. (Pushing the knob in toggles the input).

It's not that helpful in any Acura - Bose or otherwise. ANd if your TSX is an 05, your problem IS solved... I can prewire you a Soundgate AUX3 into a subharness and you will have plug-and-play AUX in with a toggle switch to hit to change from XM to your new input.

And I'd have Dyne MD100s in my dash if I could figure out how to install them in the OEM locations without removing the windshield or pulling the entire dashboard.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Burning Brakes

I skimmed through the FAQ thread on adding AUX....

I suppose it's really no big deal to drill a hole to mount a switch, if you already drill a couple to mount RCA plugs, but I can stand to wait a bit longer to see if a better solution will be available soon. Put me down on the list of interested parties.