MISC: JDi Ghost Box.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 09:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
JDi Ghost Box.

For those looking for an OEM look for their Acura dash, look no further!
I spent the money on a Ghost Box 2.0, a Bluetooth module that replaces your stereo with a bonus pair of RCA outputs for amplifier additions to the sound system.
The module wires up just like a stereo and plugs into the factory harness using a supplied kit, JDi says it’s a universal kit and can be hooked up to any system you’d like with any aftermarket wire harness.

Install was pretty simple, if you’re familiar with replacing radios in your car. The hard part was getting my old factory radio reinstalled, the rest was just leading the wired for the ghost box to my glove compartment. The unit pairs just like any other Bluetooth device, doesn’t work like a hands free but with 50w per channel it sounds nice. Doesn’t come with adjustable Bass, Treble or Midrange however my iPhone equalizer works for now and I plan on taking advantage of the RCA jacks in the future.
I also took the time to replace the factory fabric on my speaker covers for a cleaner look on the inside.
Here are some photos, I’m pretty happy with the system. I hardly use the radio or CD’s and all of my music is on my iPhone now. Just need to figure out a permanent spot to mount my phone for quick almost hands free adjustments.
Have a great evening and weekend everyone, more updates soon!