IPOD Hookup for Acura 2004 TSX with Navi

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPOD Hookup for Acura 2004 TSX with Navi

I know there are tons of threads on this topic, but I just wanted to post one specifically for the 2004 TSX with navi.

First off if you are looking to install an internal IPOD hookup, look up other threads as they are very helpful with pictures, reviews, etc.

I bought the Neo ProLink v2 (PODHONR3V2Y) for 199.99 from the www.neocaraudio.com website. The website is very helpful and even shows a video of how to install this product into an acura TSX. I'm pretty sure that this method will work with any brand of device, as they all use the same connections.

I chose this product vs. the Ice Link and others because the interface seemed really easy to use and I wanted to be able to control the IPOD from both the car controls as well as the IPOD controls. I'm pretty sure all the devices allow this, but some require some tinkering to get there while the Neo is set up that way initially. Also this version of the Neo comes with the Y link cable that everyone is talking about so there is nothing extra to order. Ordering is easy and it took about a week to come via UPS ground which is the only way to get it sent.

Once again I would recommend watching the video and looking at other threads with very helpful pictures of the process. The video is a bit misleading though. There is no free open cord in which to plug in the device as it shows in the video. You have to set up that connection yourself. But overall it is a very easy process and it took me no more than 5 minutes to set up.

First step would be to locate the code card for the navigation and the radio that should be somewhere in the TSX book/folder that came with the car. When you unplug the battery to the car you will need both codes to get the radio/navi working again. Otherwise I think you have to go through a dealership and cause yourself big headaches.

Next unhook the car battery, I just took off the negative end.

Next remove the middle cd holder above the not an ashtray section. It comes off, it just takes some pulling. So after that you will be able to see the car innerds.

For the next part you will need a mirror of some sort to see the auxillary plug on the back of the radio. Aim the mirror to look up inside the space and you should be able to see the white plug that is occupying the auxillary plug. This is the navigation system and it is the only thing back there that looks remotely like what you are looking for so no worries about pulling the wrong plug.

Pull out the navigation plug, that will free up the auxillary plug. Plug the male end of the Y adapter into the auxillary plug. It is a bit tricky and you will need the mirror for this part as well. Now you have the two female ends of the Y adapter still open. Plug the navigation into one end and the Neo device into the other.

The rest of the setup is pretty self explanatory, except for the IPOD adapter that will come out of the cd holder. The video tells you to to thread the cord through the light bulb holder. This does work, but you wont be able to snap it back into place because the cord going through this same space hinders that. It does somewhat go back into place, but not perfectly. I dont know if you would want to dril a seperate hole in the back of the cd holder but for now I just have it running through the light bulb holder kind of halfway closed.

And thats it. You will need to jam the neo device all the way back as possible or you wont be able to put the cd holder back into place.

Hook up the car battery, put in the codes for the navi and radio and push the cd button and there it is.

I hope this was helpful, there are lots of threads out there about this, but none specifically for this car.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the TSXs are the same, except the 2004 non-navi has no aux cable already plugged in, you just plug your adapter straight in. Just FYI.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where you able to get text to work? I would assume the answer is no. From what I have been reading it seems those of us with the 04 Navi are limited due to some sort of change that was made for 05+

Any idea what those changes were?