Installing Mobile Media Video Screen...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing Mobile Media Video Screen...

I currently own the Non-Navi TSX and I'm regretting not having gotten the Navi version as I'm sure some of you are. I already have an Alpine CRA-1667RF fm modulator installed in the cd holding compartment on the dash. It has an XM tuner and 6 disk mp3/cd changer connected to it. It works great and looks pretty good, but it's an FM modulator none the less. I was recently toying with the idea of removing the fm mod and installing an Alpine CVA-1006 mobile media screen (6.5" LCD) in it's place, retaining the mp3/cd changer and xm tuner, and maybe installing Alpine's navi system in the future. It'll cost a butt load of money, but I drive an hour to work everyday and it'll keep my entertained enough. My question is....has anyone thought of doing this and if so, would it fit (screen and all)? Also, is there a way to connect it to the AUX connection using the soundgate connector. I'm not totally car audio savvy, but I understand the basics. I'm just worried that because it's a head unit there may be some issues. Any ideas or comments are very welcome. Thanks again!