Idea: "Truly" Mobile DJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Idea: "Truly" Mobile DJ

Hey guys - I've been viewing this site for a long time now, and just now figured out I can post

Anyways, I have a '96 2.5, and have really been getting into the audio/electronics aspect of it. I am a DJ at a skating rink and sometimes I'll back up my car next to the skate park and crank it for the skaters. I have noticed that with my trunk and front doors open, my stereo is extremely loud from the outside. My idea was to establish a completely mobile PA system, mainly by adding some real PA speakers (probably just a pair of 2-ways.. maybe 6-8" driver and 1" horn tweeter).

So far I've gotten a nice headunit, XM radio, replaced the four main (doors/deck) speakers, a 15" sub in a big enclosure, and a big amp to power it. I have another, smaller amp I want to use to power the PA speakers that I can pull out of my trunk and put on stands. I have a mixing board I'd probably mount in my trunk, and all the necessary jacks/cables/hardware i'd need to do this. I'd like to build a little bay/faceflate to mount to the underside of the deck (in the trunk) that has all the jacks to connect the system, so i can simply unplug it all from the console.

Has anyone ever done this? What do y'all think?

I have 2 problems though:
1. I need to find out how to dissasemble the rear seat to run wires underneith it, anyone know how?

2. I need to find somewhere to buy some cheap, fairly small PA speakers that I could easily fit in the leftover space in my trunk.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Brandon
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/511482