Ice-Link + CL with Factory Nav = YES! :::Pics & Instructions:::

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Gobnugget
Was out of a town for a few days and just dropped back into the thread. I was skimming rather quickly the first time through the thread and thought the ICE-LINK would work for me. I have a 03 Type-S CL that has 6-CD changer and Nav unit. It looks like I probably don't have the open 14 pin connector and thus I may have to look for other options.

I was hoping to avoid putting in a new head unit as I think the stock looks better in a lot of cases, and the HU I already have available from my old custom setup was purchased in 07 and pretty dated now. It looks like I may have to do some more research before moving ahead.
You do have the open 14 pin. The problem is that the Ice-Link Plus doesn't work correctly for the CL. Mine plays fine but doesn't allow you to forward tracks or control the iPod from the iPod itself.

Get the iSimple. It works perfectly and will work just fine with your 6 disc head unit and navi.

Hit up member iSimple for locations to buy it.
https://acurazine.com/forums/members/isimple-244934/
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I decided to wait and do this together with adding two 10s to the trunk. I need to un-wire my old car and pull out the box and amp. Figure I may do it all together once I have access to the back of the headunit...and it will be nicer in a few weeks when it's cooled down.

I haven't read all the way through the DIY guide on adding an additional sub but it seems like installing the crossover shouldn't be too bad.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weez, any idea which iSimple product I need? It looks like the SoundByte would work fine but it doesn't seem to be as advertised on the iSimple website. They seem to promote the Gateway, which is more expensive. I can't PM yet due to account restrictions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I Wanna Beer

Originally Posted by Gobnugget
Weez, any idea which iSimple product I need? It looks like the SoundByte would work fine but it doesn't seem to be as advertised on the iSimple website. They seem to promote the Gateway, which is more expensive. I can't PM yet due to account restrictions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ask the forum member iSimple as I said a couple posts back. Theres a link to his member page posted so you can message him. He'll know which one to go with.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ICE -LINK PLUS only $32 off eBay! (just bought mine)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I Wanna Beer

I would have sold you mine for like $10. It doesn't really work. It plays but the controls don't work. You have to remove the iPod from the cradle and then change the song. If you have the iPod set to shuffle, it switches it back to alphabetical order when you re-connect it to the cradle.