I need some HELP with this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 03:05 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some HELP with this?

When I bought my car I didn't get the Navi because I didn't like the way the screen looked sitting in the car like that. So I have wanted to put an after market GPS system. I do not want to put it in the head unit because then I have to take out the stock 6-disc changer and screw that all up. So my alternate solutions I was told was to get a Nav unit and put it under the seat or in the paper note holder (will it fit?) And then to get a 6" screen, put it on a flex arm and have it fold in the left side of the passenger side where the left knee would be and when I want to use it use the flex arm and turn it towards me. What do you ugys think of this idea and if you like it and think it will work well then what screen and Nav system should I get and how much and where.

My second Idea is getting a Garmin Street Pilot III that one that is color and talks to you. Does anyone know anything about this and what do you suggest I do overall i'm totally clueless. Thanks a bunch, Anthony.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone on this board has it installed in the little compartment (cars w/o navi) that comes out above the radio.