I have a bunch of questions about aftrmrkt Navigation systems, Help me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 02:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I have a bunch of questions about aftrmrkt Navigation systems, Help me!

Hi, I am wanting to get a cd/dvd movie player/navigation system. I found this alpine one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1244516112
I am not sure if it will play cds/dvd movies though. Does anybody know? Also, I saw in another post how the factory TL Navi has SHELL logos or TEXACO logos, etc. for gas stations. That is just strait up cool. Does this alpine Navi system or other aftrmrkt systems do that for locations? Anybody have any pics of what this alpine or other navi systems screens look like normally when on? Please post pics or links. If I get it I am going to be connecting it to this LCD screen http://www.carstereotime.com/alpine/tme_m750a.html
Also, can yall tell me the basic functions of navigation systems. Do they talk to you? Have phonebooks? Have Phones? etc. Thankyou.
Old 06-13-2001, 03:25 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the first link is the alpine dvd navi unit...although reviews have said it might be software upgradeable, it currently only works for navi (will not play dvd video). i believe this unit does have voice prompts but i am unsure how it hooks to your speakers (probably fm modulator if you desired) or it will only play audio through the monitor. i suppose it will have those same or similar icons to the stock navi system since this was also designed by alpine (clearly stated in manual).

yes you can hook it up to that monitor as well as other video sources if you desire (2 maximum i believe). the biggest problem is finding a mounting location.

it's probably better if you just went to a local stereo shop and demo one yourself. not only will you see how it's done, you will also see it work in person. most chain eletronic shops should have the unit of display.