How would you react???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003 | 06:08 PM
Racer

How would you react???

OK, I just got my Linear Power amp in today. I bought it off Ebay for more than I should have paid for it.

However, what's really pi$$ing me off is that it's missing the screws that hold the back of the amp on. Obviously someone has opened this thing up for some reason. Out of the myriad of amps I've owned, I've NEVER opened one up.

Of course the seller neglected to mention this fact in the ad for the amp. It's also missing the setscrew to hold the remote wire in place.

I've asked if I can ship it back and get a refund. His feedback was very good, so I hope he'll do the right thing and take it back.

Would this get your goat too or am I over-reacting???

If he won't take it back, his feedback won't be as good anymore.......
Old 08-26-2003 | 09:00 PM
Safety Car

Bozz I think you need a hug and maybe some loving.

I see no reason for opening up a amp beside to fix it, so if it where me I would want a refund and if not then contact ebay. I hope someone helps you out.
Old 08-26-2003 | 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Tough call there. It does sound like you were somewhat mislead. However, did the ad say "as is" anywhere. That is pretty much the kiss of death. I try to stay away from the "as is" auction because it gives the seller an out. If it did not state anything like that then, you sure have a beef. It they seller cares about his feedback rating, he will try his best to make it right. Good luck with it.
Old 08-27-2003 | 06:38 AM
Burning Brakes

the only other reason to remove the back is if your install includes plexi and u show off the innards of ur amps...happy hunting
Old 08-27-2003 | 07:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Do you know if the amp works ? Does the amp have any distortion when playing music ? If there is no problem with the sound and condition, I would suggest just go to hardware store or stereo shop and find the screws for it. It is risky when buying stuff from Ebay since if the ad does not say "NEW", it could be anything such as missing or broken parts.

It also a lot hassle to send it back and demand for refund since you have to pack and pay for the postal.

Just my $0.02

Good Luck.

Cheers !!!