TL: How can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
How can I do this?

I have a old box, one 10 inch sub and a rockford fosgate amp sitting in my garage and I want to hook it up to my 02 tl. It already has a pioneer premier headunit with a monster cable ipod adapter.
However, I would like to install the above items to work in conjunction with the pioneer headunit and stock bose sub...Is this possible?
If so, how would I go about doing this?

Any and all info is more than welcome.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're adding another sub in the trunk, why need the stock sub for?

You would have to run wires from the battery to where your amp is and also ground the amp to the chassis. Basically getting an amp kit. Then run RCA wires from the HU to the amp. And a remote wire so your amp can turn on when your HU is on.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by '03TL-S

You would have to run wires from the battery to where your amp is and also ground the amp to the chassis. Basically getting an amp kit. Then run RCA wires from the HU to the amp. And a remote wire so your amp can turn on when your HU is on.
^^Agreed

I have an '03 CLS without a stock sub I believe, but if I did and was installing a clean amp with a good sub I would probably disconnect the factory one. I would run the power wire from the engine bay and amp turn-on wire from the head unit along the driver's side of the car, and the RCA cable (signal wire) from the sub channel of the headunit (assuming it has one) along the middle of the car and into the trunk.

Without the factory sub I think it would be easier to adjust sub levels from the headunit. Good luck!

Just my 2¢.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Originally Posted by '03TL-S
Because the one that I have laying around is only a 10 inch as well...so i would rather have two 10's than one, especially since its just gathering dust in the garage, ya know.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ANC297
Because the one that I have laying around is only a 10 inch as well...so i would rather have two 10's than one, especially since its just gathering dust in the garage, ya know.
Trying to get the factory sub to work with an aftermarket HU is more work for you and plus it's a 9", instead of 10" you thought it was. It sounds like ass anyways after you put in the 10 in the trunk.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Thanks for the info guys.!