Hisssssss

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 04:58 PM
shoulda got a 6 speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hisssssss

so i just got my JL Xr 6.5s and TR 6X9s installed and i have a hissing sound even when the radio is the lowest. i have my stock HU still. i was told to get a filter by one person and another told me my grounding was bad. when i regrounded i was told the crimps are bad. so i recrimped and now the stock amp was bypassed the wrong way. so is there any way to get rid of the hissing noise. im running an old school 2 channel 75 w fosgate amp and its turned down as much as it can go. is the amp the problem? does it have to be rewired? what can i do to remedy this problem
Old 06-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Flap.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hissing is usually the result of a bad ground... is the amp grounded to bare metal?

a noise filter would prolly clear teh issue up, but its usually just a ground.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:36 PM
shoulda got a 6 speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hobo
hissing is usually the result of a bad ground... is the amp grounded to bare metal?

a noise filter would prolly clear teh issue up, but its usually just a ground.
i regrounded the wire when my friend told me the same thing and i just bought a filter from radio shack. however after i regrounded the wires to the seltbelts in the back nothing changed.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ive had the same problem for years until i changed my headunit. it was only on low volume so i lived with it

supposedly you can bypass the stock amp and eliminate it, but ive never looked into that