HIFI Buys/Tweeters Buckhead, ATL

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIFI Buys/Tweeters Buckhead, ATL

So yeah I would have to say the staff at HIFI Buys on Peachtree Rd. has definitely good showroom service and knowledge but I would like to make a comment about their install bay. If you intend on getting audio components installed there think twice especially if you drive a TSX. I dropped my car off around 3pm on Monday and I was told they should be done about 8 or 9pm and so I was like ok I will go study at B&Ns. So I recieved a call around 5 and was told that they have to make mounts for the door speakers, I went ahead and said ok to that and I said I am on my way there so I can see the door panels to see what was making those rattles. When I got there they said also they have to charge extra to install the tweeters at factory location because it invovled running a wire from the door to the tweeter location because they had this bright idea of placing the crossovers in the doors. I told them look just install the speakers...leave the crossovers out and the tweeters (I would have wired them up as soon as I got back home). But they refused and said they didn't want to do a incomplete job because they couldn't warrant it. The install guys were so ignorant and bastards like I was some sort of stuck up know it all GA tech guy (not even close). But they treated me like ass and expected me to be patient with them. I was so nice to them but they refused to give a f*uking smile. Just explains where they work cause apparently they don't have people skills. I'm not saying all installers are like this cause back in raleigh those guys were so nice but you come here and they treat you like trash. So anyways I ended up not getting any of the components put in cause they wanted too much money and I was unwilling to pay what they requested ($155 originally $75). I went home and installed my 6x9s (Alpine Type R's) they are awesome but need a lot of power. Anyways I had a friend sit in the car to listen and he couldn't get out because the installers didn't connect the door handle that opens the passenger door from the inside. I WAS PISSED! so now I can't open the door from the inside and I have to get it fixed probably through Acura, not going back because they damaged stuff already. I already have to go by there because on my way back I hit a BIG ASS pothole and I focked my tire and rim up and it now has this huge welt on it (Advice Please?)

Cliff notes: HIFI buys on Peachtree Rd. SUCKS READ BAD!
What advise would you give for my tire now that it has a huge welt on it now? I wonder if tire warranty will cover it cause it only has 12000 miles on them.

Sorry for the long thread...yall bored people might get a kick! haha

HIFI Buys and the Right lane of Peachtree road neard Borders headed towards Dwntwn.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I was a little disappointed in a shop that I used too. I think do it yourself is the best. No one will ever treat your car as well as you would yourself.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:07 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Actually, placing the xovers inside the doors causes water damage failure later. Bad location.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elduderino
Actually, placing the xovers inside the doors causes water damage failure later. Bad location.
--note to self--
dont place xovers in doors
Old 11-17-2004, 10:18 AM
VP Electricity

You can house them between the door panel and the door if there's room (I don't think there is in the TSX, but I didn't really look) but inside the door they get wet. And they come back.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:20 PM
10th Gear

HiFi what!

Man, really sorry to hear that!

I had some work done on my TSX earlier this year and the Morrow location, and up until recently enjoyed myself. Although I stayed there and watched them like a hawk so.....

I had them install Sony type S's in the front and rear doors, and Type S 6x9's in the rear. At the moment I have a problem with my front speakers going out when I make a sharp turn and go over rough roads. Of course it won't do this when I take it in to HiFi or Acura.....

Good luck on the tire thing, I think you may have to bite the bullet and pay for a replacement. I had to do the same thing due to the road conditions in downtown Atlanta near my second job.

No one wanted to take reponsibility, tire manufacturer, insurance, even the city or Atlanta - who promptly repaired the hole overnight before I could get a picture of it!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Racer

thanks guys for all your comments i wish i can get the tire replaced under warranty because there is no apparent evidence that it was a pothole once i get the black marks off the rim..haha
Old 11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by spatel600
thanks guys for all your comments i wish i can get the tire replaced under warranty because there is no apparent evidence that it was a pothole once i get the black marks off the rim..haha
Often there are marks on the INSDIE and they often reserve judgement until someone looks at the inside of the tire and the lip of the wheel... FYI...
Old 11-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Racer

yeah this is true....we will see what happens
Old 11-20-2004, 05:17 PM
10th Gear

I mounted my crossovers in the little pocket of the door near the bottom in my 2.5RS. That car was easy because the door panel and the pocket were two weperate pieces, therefore i didn't have to drill to get the wires through. Only bad thing is it took up space and couldn't fit much in the pocket, but who uses it anyways. Sorry to hear about you recent streak of bad luck, know how you feel.

A few years ago had 3 Punch DVC's installed in the trunk of my Accord and while driving through Portland hit a pot hole and blew out my tire, parked it in my friends Dairy Queen and went out for a few drinks, came back and my car was stripped of everything, took over 5 grand worth of audio and other shit. Nothing like getting screwed royally twice in one day.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Stardog Champion

Originally Posted by elduderino
If you don't have any other choice it's really easy to wire the x-overs up and put them in a zip lock bag or something similar and zip-tie it closed to make sure the x-over stays dry. If you're really paranoid you can mount the x-over so that the any part of the bag that might pop open is facing down.

I used that trick in cars where people didn't want their factory wiring hacked up or didn't want new wires run through their doors for whatever reason (warranty, lease, etc).
Old 12-02-2004, 10:05 AM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by Karl O.
If you don't have any other choice it's really easy to wire the x-overs up and put them in a zip lock bag or something similar and zip-tie it closed to make sure the x-over stays dry. If you're really paranoid you can mount the x-over so that the any part of the bag that might pop open is facing down.

I used that trick in cars where people didn't want their factory wiring hacked up or didn't want new wires run through their doors for whatever reason (warranty, lease, etc).
I'm not really paranoid, but I will say that from personal experience condensation happens in the bag, so I personally think that it's a bad idea. We tried that in '88... didn't work too good.

I have put xovers between the inside door panel and the sheet metal - it's dry in there.