TL: Hertz SX 300D Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 03tlCHARCOL
That magnet looks huge, so how much depth do I need for it to fit? Will I need any space between the back of the magnet to the wall of the box, if so how much? What if it's touching it, is that okay?

This gets back to the question I asked you when we first started, which is how deep is your box, and if you need more space are you willing to make a spacer adapter on top of the box?

Its not a big deal to have the magnet touch, but you want to keep the pole vent clear so it can breathe.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:25 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if your wanting more wattage you could try a mtx terminator, ma audio, lanzar or jl audio w7. depending on what your after. i kno that the mtx would fit but im not sure about the others. you could get the dementions on them and mesure the depth of your box and then you have your info. hope this helps
Old 08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jeremyhall217
if your wanting more wattage you could try a mtx terminator, ma audio, lanzar or jl audio w7. depending on what your after. i kno that the mtx would fit but im not sure about the others. you could get the dementions on them and mesure the depth of your box and then you have your info. hope this helps
None of those subs are anywhere near the quality of the AE's mentioned in this thread... Hate to tell you there buddy...
Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
so out of the AE product line, if preserving trunk space was the goal, which speaker in what size andtype of box would you select?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chardness
so out of the AE product line, if preserving trunk space was the goal, which speaker in what size andtype of box would you select?
The 10's need a surprising amount of space but do really well in a sealed configuration. I have my pair in a 13x13x30 box, which fits just right in the trunk, and doesn't take too much of the valuable real estate back there. That said, the 12's actually need LESS space (more motor and more coil), so those might be the Goldilocks. The 15's are fantastic, but fitting a 15" in the trunk is tough due to maximum height. You can build a heavily angled box and sneak one in. A pair of 12's sealed would be the most cone area you'd be able to get in without losing much of the trunk, so that would be the best overall. A single ported 12 would give up a little SPL up in the upper bass range (not a big deal), but would be able to play quite loudly down lower, assuming you tune low, which I would. 26hz would be the magic number according to my modeling, on the H or X model. Ditto on a single ported 15, but there again that box is going to have issues fitting well in the trunk. Another direction you can go is to run AE's IB15's, in an infinite baffle config up against the rear seat wall. They are very cheap for what you get.

I encourage anybody near my area to listen to what a pair of AE's sealed can do with ~1700WRMS. Bring "amberlamps"