Help w/ Audiovox DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm Baaack!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help w/ Audiovox DVD player

I need help from someone with some professional resources ...

I just got my DVD changer back from Audiovox. I had sent my original to them for warranty because it was dead. (Called their techs - no help) Anyways .. after sitting on it for 4 weeks they sent me a replacement, which I got today. Guess what ... dead again.

Giving them the benefit of a doubt, (they couldn't have sent two dead units could they??) I'm thinking maybe the hardwire that goes into the DIN connector is pinned out wrong. I checked it and I've got 12+ ACC on one pin and 12+ BATT on another pin, but could they be the wrong pins????

Can anyone get a diagram for the 8pin DIN connector on an Audiovox PAV6D 6 disk changer??
Old 08-26-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm Baaack!

So I just got off the line with Audiovox tech support.... Did you know that the pin-out for their cables is proprietary????

Yup, I can't even tell them what pins I'm getting power on for them to confirm if I've got it right

So I spoke with the Service supervisor, she can't even look at my service record on the old unit to tell me why they agreed to send me a replacement in the first place.

Why do I sense I just flushed a couple of hundred bucks on this ?

So, does anyone have this super secret pin-out data that I need?? The actual cable part # is a PAV6DCBL and is supposed to allow me to use the unit as a standalone player.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm Baaack!

Alright .. I'm bumping this just 'cause I am so damned perplexed .... I got a kind hearted QC tech to go to his workbench and throw a meter on his cables. The two 12v pins that I have are correct.

Problem .. He's showing a 3.3v pin as well which has got to be a control module of some sort, but according to the schematics I have, it shouldn't be necessary. Could my unit be completely non-responsive because I don't have this control module??? Shouldn't it show something even without this?????