HELP! Pioneer AVIC Z2 Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Pioneer AVIC Z2 Installation

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post. Nevertheless, I am in desperate need for help. I just purchased a Pioneer AVIC Z2 unit and would like to have it installed as soon as possible. I'm anxious to get it into the car and start playing with it.

The only problem is that I am having trouble finding an installer in my area. I live in Southern California (Orange County). I've found some shops, but their fees are inflated and seem outrageous. The highest quote was from JLS Mobile Sound in Anaheim at $750 and they will need my car for about 5 days. The lowest offer was made by a freelancer that I found on craigslist who said he could do it in a day for $100 flat. Another shop (Gold Star in Irvine) estimated the job to be $400 for day's work. I'm not sure who to go with and who to trust. I spoke to one of the service men at Super Auto Bacs in Stanton and he told me that such an installation should only cost $300 and take about a day. Unfortunately Super Auto Bac will not do the installation because I didn't purchase the Pioneer unit from them. Damn!

Does anyone on this forum know of any shops that you can refer me to?
Would anyone on this forum be interested in installing the Pioneer unit for me (of course I'll compensate you)?

FYI - I have a 2005 Acura TL. There is no known Double Din Dash kit available for the car; a custom fabricated dash kit will have to be put together to station the unit. Can any of you do that or recommend someone in Southern California who would?

Please help. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know this prolly wont help out much but i would recommend having a reputable shop do the install. not only for a clean looking install but for warranty also. i cant count how many times i have had to fix an entire setup after someone pays there buddy or who ever do an install for cheap to save money.

you get what you pay for but at the same time dont let them rip you off. be very confident when you talk to these shops and you might get lucky

good luck with the install...
Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
go to www.caraudio.com/forum and they have a section for installer reviews in diff areas.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ice2fire11
i know this prolly wont help out much but i would recommend having a reputable shop do the install. not only for a clean looking install but for warranty also. i cant count how many times i have had to fix an entire setup after someone pays there buddy or who ever do an install for cheap to save money.

you get what you pay for but at the same time dont let them rip you off. be very confident when you talk to these shops and you might get lucky

good luck with the install...
...this....wont help [obviously] so why bother? just needed to type anyway?

Ladies and gentlemen: Stream of consciousness of a "soon-to-be MECP master"!