HELP ASAP stock speakers with aftermarket headunit

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Socal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP ASAP stock speakers with aftermarket headunit

the head unit turns on and no sound from the speakers.... im assuming the harness isnt integratting with the stock amp.... is there a compatiblle harness or a way to get the amp on? i dontt want to get it rewired cuz its a pain in the ass.

please help i have no tunes asap please
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
more details... first, I'd say check the wiring diagrams on the HU, and make sure you're actually turning the amp on... Most decks have a separate (Alpine's is blue/white) wire that is the amp turn-on. I'd guess that this isn't going to be hooked up with your factory harness, at which point you'll have to find the wire that is the factory amp turn-on and connect the two.

but more details involving model/year of car, which head unit, etc. are definitely going to help your odds of getting an answer...
Old 01-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Socal

Originally Posted by mattastick
more details... first, I'd say check the wiring diagrams on the HU, and make sure you're actually turning the amp on... Most decks have a separate (Alpine's is blue/white) wire that is the amp turn-on. I'd guess that this isn't going to be hooked up with your factory harness, at which point you'll have to find the wire that is the factory amp turn-on and connect the two.

but more details involving model/year of car, which head unit, etc. are definitely going to help your odds of getting an answer...
dig the sig man.... cl 2003.... HU is a jvc kd-hdr1

the factory amp is all in one harness which makes it rediculous
Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Socal

wat about rewiring dirctly to the hu... i heard the bose speakers' impedence causes problems?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are there speakers in the vehicle?
there is no amp for the interior speakers, only the sub. i would suspect that the aftermarket radio is either not hooked up or that one of the speakers is sending a short to ground scenario on one of the speaker wires. with that scenario, most radios will shut off their internal amps to save themselves, hence no sound. do any speakers pop at all when the radio is turned on?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:20 PM
working on it!

Originally Posted by rattmann316
are there speakers in the vehicle?
there is no amp for the interior speakers, only the sub. i would suspect that the aftermarket radio is either not hooked up or that one of the speakers is sending a short to ground scenario on one of the speaker wires. with that scenario, most radios will shut off their internal amps to save themselves, hence no sound. do any speakers pop at all when the radio is turned on?
dude thats my problem rite now. i guess one of my apline sps600 got shorted on one of the terminals and all my speakers are out, xcept my L7's. so when i turn the radio on i hear this pop noise. i chek the fuses and they are all good. i'm thinkin about rewiring the speaker wires myself directly from the head unit. wats ur opinion on that? is there anything else i can chek? no beats is drivin me nuts!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blak_wit_blak
dude thats my problem rite now. i guess one of my apline sps600 got shorted on one of the terminals and all my speakers are out, xcept my L7's. so when i turn the radio on i hear this pop noise. i chek the fuses and they are all good. i'm thinkin about rewiring the speaker wires myself directly from the head unit. wats ur opinion on that? is there anything else i can chek? no beats is drivin me nuts!!!!
whichever speaker makes the pop noise is usually the source of the issue. rewiring the vehicle is usually a last resort unless its faster than actually troubleshooting the issue. you can get a 1.5 volt battery and try to "pop" the speakers. once the OEM amp is turn on, you can use a battery to send an audible pulse to the speaker. if nothing is heard, that might be the issue. make sure you completely disconnect the radio before attempting this. in addition, you can also use a multimeter to test the speakers impedence or continuity. you should get continuity (beeping sound) and/or 3-6ohms of resistance (whatever the speakers are rated at).
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
w202 on carlssons

Originally Posted by mattastick

do how do you get the amp to turn on. where is the factory amp turn on wire?