Has anyone had any experience with the Batcap from Xstatic

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2000, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone had any experience with the Batcap from Xstatic

It says 100 farad performance but is it for real? I was pricing "The Cap" by Audiopro(15 farad) and the guy say's he can get me 100 farad for $170. I ask him "How's that?". Then he proceed's to tell me about this product. I asked "If this thing is so great and affordable, why havent I seen it in everyone's car's or the magazine's?". He say's "It just came out.". But then later he tell's me the first time he saw it was in 1996. Go figure..

Has anyone else heard of it before????

TIA

------------------
Sundance Gold non navi
Eclipse 55060
(2) 88120TIDVC
Xtant 1001dx
604x
Diamond 6.25 Hex series
Audio
The Finest Automobile This side Of The Internet!!!
Old 10-27-2000, 01:12 AM

I'm not sure. The Cap from Alumapro and the one that they produce for Phoenix Gold is charcoal based technology that is owned by a group of Russian engineers. Kind of ironic that two military based companies (one on each side) end up doing business together in the car audio industry. Alumapro has a 50 farad and a 100 farad, and they won't release either of them (practical concerns reguarding safety and installation). They are releasing a 5 farad cap around the first of the year. The pricing on the 50 farad is not significantly higher than 15 farad, so I imagine that the 100 farad will only be slightly more. I will contact X static and find out what claims they are making a let you know anything that I can. By the way, how long have you had the titaniums and what do think about them?
Old 10-27-2000, 12:05 PM
Pro

Wink

I don't think most concert halls need 100 farrad caps. How many watts are you running anyway??? I'd be a little suspicious of 100 farrads for $170...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion 6.4 TV's (3), Cliford Avant Guard 4, Trunk, Underdash and Underbody Neons
No nav yet but soon!!!
Old 10-27-2000, 05:33 PM
Instructor

The Titanium's are on order right now. I'm basically getting the deck mounting plate glassed for 2-1 din unit's, wiring, and the box done before it get's here. The vendor rep told me about 2 week's for Eclipse product's and about 1 week for Xtant.
I know I dont need 100 farad but if it can do it for the price of 1 farad, why not. I really dont like cap's all that much. I prefer to just get my alternator rewound to compensate for the added draw but I do not want to void the warranty on a brand new car. I just picked it 2 Sat. ago.
Also here is a link to an add for the batcap. http://www.electric-vehicle-world.com/BatCapx.htm
Thanks again for the great help.

------------------
Sundance Gold non navi
Eclipse 55060
(2) 88120TIDVC
Xtant 1001dx
604x
Diamond 6.25 Hex series
Audio
Old 10-28-2000, 01:26 AM

Unfortunately, after talking with several people and reading multiple ads (most can be found in the 12Volt News), I have yet to discover what materials or 'technology' they claim to be using. They are not telling anyone this info and don't think that it is a patent issue, because it obviously is not. If it is a lead acid battery, then you have memory charging problems. If it is a gel cell, then the discharge much slower than a cap. If this revolutionary technology were a true breakthrough, then everybody would be jumping on the bandwagon (as they are with the CAP). Side note, caps (including the CAP) have drawbacks too. Rewinding an alternator can certainly increase your output power at HIGHER RPMs, but they actually DECREASE the output at idle and lower RPMs. The biggest concern for those of us with Honda/Acura lies in the computer integration of the alternator. The computer monitors the battery voltage and adjusts the voltage regulator accordingly, including turning off the alternator whenever it believes that the battery is charged well enough and the car would idle better, etc...
MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS. For two years, I used my Accord as a beta vehicle for three different alternator companies (this also coincides with a major name brand available). My poor car sported 7 different alternators at different times and saw everything from NO voltage to 22VOLTS!!! Battery boiled over with that one. In the end, I reinstalled the factory NippoDenso and never had another problem. A friend of mine in Lexington, KY beta tested one about a year later that he claims worked well. I had been burned too many times to try it again. Always consider what your end goal is and what you need to do to get there will become appearant. For SPL, where the vehicle is being revved up, high output alternators are ideal. Most of us don't benefit that much from them. Never install a battery isolator (another 4 pages to explain, but I have had manufacturer's salespeople call me and apologize for disagreeing with me on this point). I just got one of the Titanium 15's in stock, but I have not done anything with it except take out of the box and WOW customers. If I come across anything useful for the bat cap, I'll repost then. Good luck with your system.
Old 10-28-2000, 05:08 AM
Instructor

Audiophiletl,
Thank you for the much needed info. No one has really explained the alternator issue to me like that before. Especially about Honda's cycling. I too have heard the many complaint's of battery isolator's. It wasn't an option for me. I think all in all what I will end up doing is not use a cap for now. Maybe later I will get 2-1 farrad cap's and do a few tests to see how it sound's to my ear's and then on the db meter. Mostly what I'm concerned with is db level changing in long bass note's.
Thanks again for the great help.

haha98,
I'm only running 1x250 @ 4ohms and 4x75 @ 4 ohms. Which competitively speaking is 550w but in reality I'm running 1300w. I have the 1001dx bridged 1000w @ 1ohm for my subs. Originally I ordered the 2001x but the rep called me back and said they arent releaseing it till Jan. or maybe later. What I have now will be plenty of power and it keeps me in lower powered class.

------------------
Sundance Gold non navi
Eclipse 55060
(2) 88120TIDVC
Xtant 1001dx
604x
Diamond 6.25 Hex series
Audio
Old 10-28-2000, 05:09 AM
Instructor

Also I will be posting pic's as the install progress's.
It's alway's fun to see other's install's and compare idea's.
Ooh and maybe use a few for myself.